Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri has no more habit than any other owner when their best players demand moves.

Very few clubs don't bend.

Willian is a very talented player, but he did go AWOL a bit at Chelsea, does he still have the hunger? Does he still have 3 years left in the tank?

I would sell a kidney for Silva.

And Fraser is a major concern due to a limited period of actually showing talent.

We don't have to buy a player better than Alex Iwobi, my cats better, we need to sign somebody who is good.
Willian is still one of the best players in the league in his position.

Because we are Everton and we have a massive history of signing Man U cast offs and zero history of signing good players

The long-held buy manc policy has had some success. Tim Howard, Phil Neville, Louis Saha, even Darren Gibson, were all good signings. Signing Barry from City was very good as well, but signing Delph was not.

I thought it was ridiculous the way Brands was being lauded as some mastermind for following the long held buy-manc policy when he bought Delph, even more so when he turned out to be absolutely crap!

It used to happen the other way around; Manchester City used to be full of Everton's cast-offs when they were managed by Peter Reid and Howard Kendall in the early 90's

People fantasising about bringing in 6 or 7 new players in , would they also be willing to allow the manager the time to blend the team together and write next season off?
One of the reasons we are constantly adrift in the bottom half is the rapid turnover in managers and playing staff and the resultant instability this inevitably brings.
Until we accept it will take any manager at least two full seasons to turn a mid table team into genuine top 6 contenders we are doomed to make the same mistakes with ever diminishing returns and perpetual angst.

People fantasising about bringing in 6 or 7 new players in , would they also be willing to allow the manager the time to blend the team together and write next season off?
One of the reasons we are constantly adrift in the bottom half is the rapid turnover in managers and playing staff and the resultant instability this inevitably brings.
Until we accept it will take any manager at least two full seasons to turn a mid table team into genuine top 6 contenders we are doomed to make the same mistakes with ever diminishing returns and perpetual angst.
Quite simply we have to give Carlo time.

If we don't and / or Carlo can't fix the problems at Everton , no manager wiil.

We need to sell 15 players. That's no exaggeration by the way.

And get a squad to gel in about 5 weeks pre-season.

We are further away now than we were under Moyes...

Pool,City, Chelsea and now Utd again, i can't see any team breaking that monopoly up for a few years. Arsenal and Spurs are even miles away from them regarding a squad.

The players look off it and for whatever reason have looked on deck chairs the last two games. We don't need six or seven we do need three or four and as you said it will take time.

We argue about the quality of players and their suitability as potential transfers on here all the time, but this discussion is about how much movement there will be? I can see why people think seven new players sounds a bit much, but I think there could be a lot of transfer movement this summer. In fact, I think there has to be!

As you say, very few clubs don't bend, and Digne has what? 7 assists to his name from a full back position? We can expect bids for Digne, and we can expect to ask for a high price!

Who knows? But I think we need about 6 or 7 new players, and I don't think the possibility of bringing in 6 or 7 new players is that crazy. I could see it happening! In fact, I hope it does.
And after Ancelotti saying his best Players won’t be leaving and rightly so.
I wonder if now that he realises 2 or 3 buys won’t be enough. And To get a ridiculous offer for digne will help buy 6 Players and With more quality.

Him and brands may bight the bullet

And after Ancelotti saying his best Players won’t be leaving and rightly so.
I wonder if now that he realises 2 or 3 buys won’t be enough. And To get a ridiculous offer for digne will help buy 6 Players and With more quality.

Him and brands may bight the bullet

6 good players would cost over £200m.

I'm not sure selling Digne would be sensible.

But 2 or 3 signings are unlikely to get this team in the top 6. Unless we have loads of luck, like no injuries all season, VAR decisions going in our favour. Again tonight we get done by a poor decision.

So if we finish 8th to 11th again, we will definitely lose Richarlison and probably Digne . So the 3 we were going to buy that summer becomes 5 or 6.

Let’s get the 5 or 6 in this summer and with hopefully big signs of improvement, means Richarlison stays next summer.

6 good players would cost over £200m.

I'm not sure selling Digne would be sensible.
Not in the current market. And you don’t have to buy all players ready at their peak. Maybe 3 around 20mil, 2 at 30mil and 1 at 40. If they are all 4yr deals, and on an average of 60k a week
That’s basically about 50mil on the books .

I wouldn’t sell, but if money is tight, then maybe it’s something to think about. It’s quite Funny that loads in here talk about buying young players witt sell on value. Then as soon as you suggest selling one to make a big profit on to help a rebuild, everyone is dead against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.