Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sub 20m price tag on James is at the point you have to take it. Worth the risk at that price.

Would assume the lower the price tag, the higher his wages.... We would need to be careful about huge salaries for one or 2 players which would likely cause unrest with the rest of team....

James is on 200k a week at Madrid, that's alot more than our current players, and I doubt he's looking to take a pay cut..

Would assume the lower the price tag, the higher his wages.... We would need to be careful about huge salaries for one or 2 players which would likely cause unrest with the rest of team....

James is on 200k a week at Madrid, that's alot more than our current players, and I doubt he's looking to take a pay cut..
Yes that is tough. Although if we want to be competing at some point the wage bill has to go up.

Not too enthusiastic about James personally. Horribly one footed, not quick at all these days, just not sure where he fits in the team at least with Carlo’s 4-4-2. Too limited for a two man midfield and doesn’t seem like an out-and-out winger. Would need the whole shape built around which is tricky as the two strikers we’ve got seems key to unlocking DCL
Thank you. People on here thinking he would play a RM/RW role is insane. He similar to siggy has lost his legs. Multiple injuries the past 4/5 years. 18 million for him? No thanks.

I’m not sure James is the player we need, but if he is as cheap as being quoted and comes in on a reasonable salary, I agree with the sentiment that we almost have to take that risk. I just can’t see his wages being reasonable though

It must be a priority that Ancelotti is given the same amount of backing that Koeman received. We can’t let this opportunity of having a genuine world class manager slip.
Unfortunately (partly because Koeman was given that level of funding) we’re unlikely to be able to do the same for Carlo in the immediate future.

I’m not sure James is the player we need, but if he is as cheap as being quoted and comes in on a reasonable salary, I agree with the sentiment that we almost have to take that risk. I just can’t see his wages being reasonable though
I suppose it depends what you term as “reasonable”

Yes that is tough. Although if we want to be competing at some point the wage bill has to go up.

For sure...but not yet... For me the only way we eventually compete is if we find younger players who turn out to be world class.... Or buy the right players who are the right fit for Ancelotti's way of playing...

Right now James, or any other player we could try attract, really shouldn't be earning more than the top Liverpool players...

_20200705_231614.JPG

For sure...but not yet... For me the only way we eventually compete is if we find younger players who turn out to be world class.... Or buy the right players who are the right fit for Ancelotti's way of playing...

Right now James, or any other player we could try attract, really shouldn't be earning more than the top Liverpool players...

View attachment 93359
I'm right there with you. I do think though James is in the class that you don't pass up if the finances work.

Chamberlain on more than mane hes a.bag of shixx.carnt stand that lad dancing with his bird on the social media right in the middle of a pandemic lockdown, what a shix bag.

View attachment 93359
Mane on a 100k? He’s there best player! Imagine being paid less than lallana and the same as Lovern.

Status
Not open for further replies.