Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Ings has had one good season in the PL (this one) and one good season in the championship in a 12 year career, that's all folk need to know.
No way in hell are we buying Ings, at least i hope not. And as for James Rodriguez, it's not 2014 Rodriguez we are buying, the version of him now wouldn't beat my 7 year old in a 20 yard sprint. He's done for.

We need young, fast, hungry players in the 22-28 age bracket. No more Delphs, Klassen, Rooney, Bolasie garbage.

Im thinking players that we have been linked with.

Bailey
Gabriel

Perfect fits on paper

Thats more to do with Spurs being a very good team even without Kane mate (I cant speak about us I wasn't old enough to remember but I imagine it was during a team we had very good players).

But ultimately a team misses their best players look at City this year without Kompany/Laporte, RS in the derby without Salad, us without Lukaku/Gana.

Not saying he wont make it here but when you read Saints forums and see them largely not arsed he's offski added to their decent results without him doesnt exactly scream like he's gonna come in and make a massive impact does it?

At best he might be one of those James Milner type cogs who keeps us ticking over.

Still think we are crying out for a talisman box to box type destroyer.

....teams cope short-term without star players, coaches find a way to compensate, others come in with a point to prove. Southampton are doing very well, i think that was the case when Holjberg was in the side.

Admittedly, I’ve only seen him on YouTube, but Allan doesn’t seem to be a defensive midfielder to me. He seems much more attacking than defensive. He does most of his work in the opposition’s half of the pitch

....teams cope short-term without star players, coaches find a way to compensate, others come in with a point to prove. Southampton are doing very well, i think that was the case when Holjberg was in the side.

Will have to agree to disagree mate ;) I just think if we weren't linked to him most wouldn't even think he is any good - like when we signed Bolasie, appointed Silva etc some fans convince themselves of reasons why it may work.

Admittedly, I’ve only seen him on YouTube, but Allan doesn’t to be a defensive midfielder to me. He seems much more attacking than defensive. He does most of his work in the opposition’s half of the pitch

His best spell at Napoli was playing box to box with Jorginho as the deep midfielder.

Now that we have got rid of Schneiderlin, Niasse and Martina, who were costing a combined 250k a week. The squad doesn’t look quite as wasteful as before, but the following still really need to be moved on as they are an unproductive drag on resources:

Bolasie; ultra cack and on about 80k per week.

Delph; cack and on about 90k a week.

Walcott; ageing winger not doing enough to justify about 100k a week.

Sigurdsson; a substitute on 100k a week.

Tosun; ageing lump that barely makes the bench on 60k+

Besic; can’t even make the bench, must be on about 30 or 40k.

It will be hard to get rid of Tosun because of his injury, and Sigurdsson is still capable of offering something despite his expense. The rest urgently need shifting, so the money can be reinvested on far better players!

Now that we have got rid of Schneiderlin, Niasse and Martina, who were costing a combined 250k a week. The squad doesn’t look quite as wasteful as before, but the following still really need to be moved on as they are an unproductive drag on resources:

Bolasie; ultra cack and on about 80k per week.

Delph; cack and on about 90k a week.

Walcott; ageing winger not doing enough to justify about 100k a week.

Sigurdsson; a substitute on 100k a week.

Tosun; ageing lump that barely makes the bench on 60k+

Besic; can’t even make the bench, must be on about 30 or 40k.

It will be hard to get rid of Tosun because of his injury, and Sigurdsson is still capable of offering something despite his expense. The rest urgently need shifting, so the money can be reinvested on far better players!
I honestly think Palace would take him if we had a realistic value on him

Status
Not open for further replies.