Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They took away the captaincy a few weeks back. Reckon he’s off and it’s either Spurs or here.

Did they give a specific reason for taking away his captaincy or have they just did it but not made a deal about it?

I haven’t seen much of him, I just know that if our manager rates him and thinks he can do a job here then have to trust him. Seems a lot Spurs fans are convinced they will sign him on social media though.

Did they give a specific reason for taking away his captaincy or have they just did it but not made a deal about it?

I haven’t seen much of him, I just know that if our manager rates him and thinks he can do a job here then have to trust him. Seems a lot Spurs fans are convinced they will sign him on social media though.

Hojbjerg said in May that he wanted to play at an "even higher level than I am currently".

Hasenhuttl said: "No, he will not be captain. I spoke with him and we had an agreement, and made clear that if you decide not to extend your contract, you will not be captain of this team.

"I've spoken to him in the last few days and he knows that he is an important player for this club. I think we have found a good agreement."

The 24-year-old will enter the final year of his contract on July 1 and last month told German media outlet SPORT1 his desire to move on this summer.

"I know what I want, the club knows it too," Hojbjerg said. "I want to play at an even higher level than I am currently. The relationship between me and Southampton is fantastic.

"The club gave me the platform to grow. I'm not saying 'Goodbye' and I'm focused on my club, but my goal is very clear: I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League."

Just did it from what I can recall. And he's been dropped as a result as well. I think the reports were he said he wanted to leave so they stripped him of the captaincy and just dropped him.

Real Madrid are still hoping to find a new club for James Rodriguez this summer and appear prepared to go low in their asking price for the Colombian wizard.

All of this will seemingly catch the attention of Everton, whose boss Carlo Ancelotti is a known fan of the 28-year-old.

MARCA is reporting that Real Madrid are now willing to slash the player’s asking price. After previously wanting a figure in the region of €40 million (£36m), they could now accept an offer as low as €20 million (£18m).

Considering James cost Real Madrid a reported (Telegraph) £63 million when signed in 2014, it can only be seen as a bargain.

The Spanish giants do not want to lose James for free when his contract expires in a year and the report claims that Everton are his ‘maximum supporter’ regarding a transfer swoop from England.

The report also claims that James is understanding that he will need to take a pay cut from his current Bernabeu wages in order to find himself a new team.

Ancelotti has worked with the Colombian at both Real and Bayern Munich. The Italian even wanted him at previous club Napoli, as reported by Football Italia, the Everton coach admitted still being ‘very attached’ to the one time World Cup star.

With Everton likely to want top-level recruits this summer to help the club find their way back into Europe, £18 million for James Rodriguez might be too hard to resist.

Yes

JR would be good alongside a top defensive midfielder like Allan. If we can get Gabriel too that would be magnificent!

Reactions: Ivo
Compare the massive Gana shaped hole in our midfield Saints dont look to have missed Hojberg that much in recent weeks do they?

Stay well clear.

We haven't missed Gana.

We miss creativity in the middle of the park, Gana never gave us that.

Hmm we cant do much with creativity if our wide players and midfield are all camped in our half like against Leicester 2nd half.

If we played open our slow af midfield would be cut through like butter.

The reason why Gomes was able to frolic around the middle of the park spraying balls was because he had Gana alongside him cleaning up whereas now he has Siggurdsson and Davies.

....I recall Spurs having a decent record without Kane. We sold 40 goal Gary Lineker and then won the league. I’m sure there are other examples, it’s a funny old game.

Thats more to do with Spurs being a very good team even without Kane mate (I cant speak about us I wasn't old enough to remember but I imagine it was during a team we had very good players).

But ultimately a team misses their best players look at City this year without Kompany/Laporte, RS in the derby without Salad, us without Lukaku/Gana.

Not saying he wont make it here but when you read Saints forums and see them largely not arsed he's offski added to their decent results without him doesnt exactly scream like he's gonna come in and make a massive impact does it?

At best he might be one of those James Milner type cogs who keeps us ticking over.

Still think we are crying out for a talisman box to box type destroyer.

Inappropriate Language
No Allan for Napoli tonight either, himself and Hoiberg trawling through G.O.T as we speak.

Hello lads....

Do you understand boo your s#&t is a term of endearment.

Status
Not open for further replies.