Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes time to build a team , new players need to settle into a club , to get to know the other players ,find out what is expected of them tactically by the manager.
Most players need at least a season to find their feet at a new club if you throw 6or7 players in at once you are massively disrupting the team.
It makes more sense to introduce 2 or 3 players per season and blend them in gradually. It is up to the coach to manage existing players expectations and convince them that it’s worth staying if he can’t then you replace them.
We have to accept that it is very unlikely we will seriously trouble the top spots next season but rather look to see a gradual improvement in results.
If we are no better off in two years time that is when we should be questioning whether we have made the correct appointment.
Seriously how can we massively disrupt this team. They are pants.
We need a minimum of 4 starters. And that’s not counting a CB.

I’m not convinced 3 will be enough. And 2 would be a total waste of time.

Don’t need the numbers mate, seen him play enough. A nothing crab.
1594336543047.png

1594336588332.png

1594336644599.png

1594336677222.png

Numbers don't lie. Could do a job.

Worse passing accuracy, dispossessed more but has an incredible 2 assists this season.
Yeap. Exactly what we don't need.
It's all about chances created. And he's much more creative than Gomes. Can't get an assist if there's no quality to score.

It takes time to build a team , new players need to settle into a club , to get to know the other players ,find out what is expected of them tactically by the manager.
Most players need at least a season to find their feet at a new club if you throw 6or7 players in at once you are massively disrupting the team.
It makes more sense to introduce 2 or 3 players per season and blend them in gradually. It is up to the coach to manage existing players expectations and convince them that it’s worth staying if he can’t then you replace them.
We have to accept that it is very unlikely we will seriously trouble the top spots next season but rather look to see a gradual improvement in results.
If we are no better off in two years time that is when we should be questioning whether we have made the correct appointment.
I know everyone always says this, and we’re all supposed to agree and say yeah bloody millennials being impatient etc. But I just don’t think it’s true.

In may 2018 we finished 8th, 2 points ahead of Leicester in 9th. Since then we’ve both signed 12 players; they are now 4th, 14 points ahead of us in 11th. 13 of the players who have played a significant part in getting wolves into the top 6 have been there 3 years or less. They’ve signed Others that I haven’t counted because they’ve not played a big part. In that time they’ve gone from the championship to finishing above us twice.

If you sign the right players wholesale changes are fine, if you don’t then they aren’t.

Our need for a RM is greater than our need for a LM. But we really don't want to be relying on Bernard or Iwobi as LM's next season (because they're crap). Gordon looks promising, but we can't be relying on him either. I feel like we need to get rid of Bernard or Iwobi (preferably both) and then bring in a new superior LM.

But Bernard isn't giving up his comfy 120k a week and nobody will want to pay the money we'd want to sell Iwobi for (unless we are willing to accept a Klassen like loss). This may mean we need to loan out Iwobi, save on his wages and hope he impresses another club enough for them to eventually buy him.

We really need a new LM, a new RM, and two new CM's. A completely new midfield!

Status
Not open for further replies.