Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wonders that 2 good midfielders will do to everyone on the field. As it is, defenders have no cover, and no one to pass it to. Attackers have no support, and no one to distribute to them.

Im willing to bet that you get 2 good midfielders in, and all of the sudden several players who were struggling start to look fairly good. I dont think its a coincidence that Bernard looked much better last season when the midfield, while not good, was much better.

I do wonder if Mooy could do a job for us. Reminds me of Osman a little.

He's a decent technician, but I don't think he's good enough to justify carrying yet another non-athlete in midfield.

Apparently, Real Madrid are looking to move Jovic on, with Leicester said to be ready to make an offer. I wouldn't mind someone like him.

But 2 or 3 signings are unlikely to get this team in the top 6. Unless we have loads of luck, like no injuries all season, VAR decisions going in our favour. Again tonight we get done by a poor decision.

So if we finish 8th to 11th again, we will definitely lose Richarlison and probably Digne . So the 3 we were going to buy that summer becomes 5 or 6.

Let’s get the 5 or 6 in this summer and with hopefully big signs of improvement, means Richarlison stays next summer.
It takes time to build a team , new players need to settle into a club , to get to know the other players ,find out what is expected of them tactically by the manager.
Most players need at least a season to find their feet at a new club if you throw 6or7 players in at once you are massively disrupting the team.
It makes more sense to introduce 2 or 3 players per season and blend them in gradually. It is up to the coach to manage existing players expectations and convince them that it’s worth staying if he can’t then you replace them.
We have to accept that it is very unlikely we will seriously trouble the top spots next season but rather look to see a gradual improvement in results.
If we are no better off in two years time that is when we should be questioning whether we have made the correct appointment.

tenor.gif

It is times like today that really make the case for the Phil Foden on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.