Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If funds really are limited, then we can't be dropping 30 million on players to improve a relatively decent defence when we have a non-existent midfield.

Sell Keane and bring in Thiago Sliva on a free. Use the Keane money, and any other money that we have, on the midfield!

If funds really are limited, then we can't be dropping 30 million on players to improve a relatively decent defence when we have a non-existent midfield.

Sell Keane and bring in Thiago Sliva on a free. Use the Keane money, and any other money that we have, on the midfield!
I think Keane is probably one of the last players CA wants to sell.
He looks to me as if he may be one of the first names picked for each game..... deservedly so at the moment.

Right now I agree.
But 30m towards someone better from abroad I would seriously consider.
I don't think you're finding a better striker than DCL for 30m. At least not a guarantee that you will.

Honestly the midfield and creative players are so bad that I can't really see any sense to messing with the forward line. Priorities and all that.

I think Keane is probably one of the last players CA wants to sell.
He looks to me as if he may be one of the first names picked for each game..... deservedly so at the moment.

He has two years left on his contract and a history of being poor. He's being put in the shop window, and yes he's doing well. But this actually makes it the best opportunity to get rid!

Hes said that 442 is best for defence.

Id also say that i think everyone would prefer to have 2 wasters in CM than 3.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate Digne
Kean ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Id go with that for the rest of the season.

Kean on the right to just get the ball and bomb forward. Cant do worse than Walcott there and he gets time to adjust to the pace like Richarlison had before. Coleman has zero attacking threat so unleash kean.

One of Adeniran,Markelo, Baningime id pair with Davies in the centre to just tackle people.

Id actively transfer list everyone else in the midfield and have them training with the u23s if i could but that would only see their values plummet.

Hopefully Brands has buyers lined up.
Unfortunately with that team we would get hammered in every game.
As bad as were last night, we were solid and didn't really look to be in trouble defensively.

Our squad is a real mess. A quality wide player and at least one top drawer centre mid is the minimum we need this window.

Can’t complain about the defence, it’s not perfect but you have to say Mina, Keane and Holgate look like perfectly good options for now. We have bigger needs elsewhere.

It really seems like DCL and Richarlison would be a great pair, with Kean supporting them, as long as they had a better midfield behind them.

Bernard
Walcott
Gomes
Davies
Gylfi
Delph
Iwobi

I’d happily scrap all of them apart from Gomes - who we know is boss when he’s up to speed - and Davies - who is worth having around the squad and could yet kick on.

Over to you Carlo and Marcel.

Surely his work rate is nowhere near the required level for the Sheffield Utd midfield. It's not to say he's lazy, but he's always so bloody slow that the game's moved on by the time he gets to where he's going.
Not a hope that will happen, apart from football related issues it would just be too expensive for Sheff. Utd.
As it is they are going to have to substantially increase the wages of some of their better players or risk losing them.
I was reliably told recently what John Egan is earning and most of our reserves are earning more.
But, he joined in a relatively small deal while they were still an ordinary championship side.

He has two years left on his contract and a history of being poor. He's being put in the shop window, and yes he's doing well. But this actually makes it the best opportunity to get rid!
But, I don't think that is what CA wants.
I think the manager likes his defenders in the Keane mould.
Ironically, if he were to be sold I think there would be a lot of interest.

Unfortunately with that team we would get hammered in every game.
As bad as were last night, we were solid and didn't really look to be in trouble defensively.
Swap Kean and Richarlison as Kean looks completely lost out wide and the team is still solid enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.