Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to, it leave us light in midfield. I would like 4-3-3 because if you get the right player in the 6 role you can transition to 3-4-3. 4-4-2 was good as a one off tactic but if teams know you are going to play that way they can set up to expose the gaps.
He started with a 433 last night we only picked up slightly when he switched back to a 442

Write Carlo a letter then, sure your credentials as a Footy fan will give him the confidence to change his system.

I don't think I need to. The fact he's won CL gives me the confidence he'll work it out for himself. He changed formation twice in one game against Leicester. The great managers can adapt. I was just saying in hope his adaption is to 4-3-3.

With all due respect mate, I’ll go with what 3 time champions league winner wants

Me too at the end of the day he is getting well paid so he needs to be backed.

Absolutely. I also think he will realise this and change formation. I think he is just making do as it suits the players he's got but after the summer when he can get his own players in I suspect he will change.
To get a team that would suit 4-4-2 we would have to almost start again. I think 4-3-3 would take less players being brought in. We have been trying to ship out the garbage for years it's not an easy job.

442 in an era when nearly everyone else plays 433 is just a crap formation, leaves us overloaded in midfield anyway and then no spare man to drop in to help the CB's when (if) the full backs push on. I hope Carlo isn't set on playing this way once he has his own personnel in as it doesn't work.
There is a few poor players which is the reason I said we need 5 for the team. I don't think the system helps though as in my opinion to play 4-4-2 properly you need 2 wingers who like to stay out wide and midfielders who can get up and down the pitch it doesn't really suit anyone but the front 2. I also prefer Richarlison coming from the left and if we could get a right sided equivalent along with DCL we could have a very threatening front 3.

Ancelotti has played 442 since he was in short trousers. To my knowledge only adjusting to a 433 at Real due to Bale and at Bayern he also tweaked things from time to time.

Hes never played a 442 with 2 wingers that i can remember. Its always been someone like Gordon coming inside and someone like Walcott down the right.

Unless we sign a worldie i doubt he would change formation.

442 seems to work for him and Atletico Madrid.

Ancelotti has played 442 since he was in short trousers. To my knowledge only adjusting to a 433 at Real due to Bale and at Bayern he also tweaked things from time to time.

Hes never played a 442 with 2 wingers that i can remember. Its always been someone like Gordon coming inside and someone like Walcott down the right.

Yeah I looked at his Chelsea team and they were 4-4-2 as well. I was quite surprised at this. The problem is most of them teams have been at the top already. It is easier to implement something when you have the best players. Here it's a slightly different type of job.

Hopefully we’ll be doing proper research into players characters whoever we buy - sick of us buying the nice lad whose happy to finish mid table, shows no anger when his team mates muck up and gives up at the first sign of adversity.

i read somewhere that the RS research stats on players when they’re facing adversity, losing at half time, playing at tough away games,in games of consequence. As opposed to Those whose stats are beefed up by curling in a free kick at home to a poorer side when they’re already 3-0 up. Wish we did the same
Spot on they just shrug their shoulders when we go behind. Not a leader amongst them, lack of character and grit, nobody calls anyone else out, and last night the sickening sight of Gylfi not even putting his foot in. We have a squad of losers and it's been that way for years if we are honest. How else do we explain our terrible away record and record when we go behind.

Yeah I looked at his Chelsea team and they were 4-4-2 as well. I was quite surprised at this. The problem is most of them teams have been at the top already. It is easier to implement something when you have the best players. Here it's a slightly different type of job.

Hes said that 442 is best for defence.

Id also say that i think everyone would prefer to have 2 wasters in CM than 3.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate Digne
Kean ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL
Id go with that for the rest of the season.

Kean on the right to just get the ball and bomb forward. Cant do worse than Walcott there and he gets time to adjust to the pace like Richarlison had before. Coleman has zero attacking threat so unleash kean.

One of Adeniran,Markelo, Baningime id pair with Davies in the centre to just tackle people.

Id actively transfer list everyone else in the midfield and have them training with the u23s if i could but that would only see their values plummet.

Hopefully Brands has buyers lined up.

Our four midfielders were scared to put a foot in last night and were so timid. I don't remember Gomes being that hesitant and weak before his injury, so maybe just a mental thing which he'll hopefully get over.

Desperately need a midfielder or two with more energy, aggression and can win the ball back for us, whether that be Hojberg or Allan I've no idea really as I haven't watched any, but must be sorted.

Pickford
Kean ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL

Kean on the right to just get the ball and bomb forward. Cant do worse than Walcott there and he gets time to adjust to the pace like Richarlison had before. Coleman has zero attacking threat so unleash kean.

One of Adeniran,Markelo, Baningime id pair with Davies in the centre to just tackle people.

Id actively transfer list everyone else in the midfield and have them training with the u23s if i could but that would only see their values plummet.

I like Gomes but think he lacks pace for a 3. If we are going to play 4-4-2 for rest of the season I would put Kean up top with DCL and Richarlison and Gordon on the wings. I would switch them about to keep the opposition guessing.

Pickford
Kean ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL

We can't sell a whole midfield in one window sadly. Also I still have hope Gomes can return to something like his best he is clearly physically still struggling to get back and the partners he has don't help him. Alongside runners he can dictate games, if admittedly he doesn't do a lot else creatively..

Pickford
Kean ??? ??? Gordon
Richarlison DCL

...I’d be tempted to play Kean up top on Thursday and play Richarlison out wide.

Iwobi is understandably being criticised, but he would give us a bit of energy if he plays centrally. I think I’d play him ahead of Gomes. If there’s no improvement, at least we’ll know.

At this stage Benni should get a go. At least he will run around and put a tackle or two in. Gylfi needs to go he represents the losing culture for me just like Morgan. Whatever you do get rid of him even if it's on loan.

You are absolutely spot on Zat.

Page 212 of Quiet Leadership by Carlo ...." I still believe that 4-4-2 is the outstanding defensive system. With 4-3-3 you can press high with 3 strikers but it can expose your limitations in midfield. With 4-4-2 you can bring in your wide players so that your central players are not overwhelmed. "

At Real Madrid Carlo wanted to play 4-4-2 with Ronaldo up top with Benzema. In his midfield he intended to play James and Bale wide.Ronaldo however preferred to play wide in a front 3 so he changed it to 4-3-3.

This tactical change was only to get the best out one of the greatest players that has ever played the game. I don't think that Carlo is going to change formation to accomodate the likes of Gomes , Davies etc.

The answer is to sign players that can play Carlo's system.

For the rest of the season play Gordon "wide" to see if he can adapt .

I can see Carlo favouring someone like Cantwell at Norwich to notionally start on the left of midfield and then drift into central midfield bringing energy and legs.

I really see no future for Sigurdsson , Delph and possibly even Gomes and Davies. A ruthless clear out is needed asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.