Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christ we lose to a own goal and the beds are soaked through with the gush of FIFA 20, FM scouts and Ya Da pïss.

CARLO KNOWS, PLAYERS KNOW and WE KNOW it's not good enough

We have to do better but can we stop jumping off the cliff at every single bad result.

We WON'T be selling 10 players this summer, we WILL be seeing Kenny, Bolasie and Besic back at pre-season, we MIGHT not sign that player you never actually saw in real life but did good for you in a game, we DEFINITELY NOT chucking £500m on 4 players and Kids MIGHT not have socks for AUGUST.

Calm your skin, check in to the reality of bad signings and lots of money spent.

This whole change the mentality of Everton starts with US, the fanbase. We demand better and we should get better but we have had years on years of negativity filling the club to the brim and any light of positivity is shat on as soon as we get a glimpse.

Last night was poor but so was Spurs. We have played lots of games in a short period of time with injuries, lack of correct positional personal and we need to be better.

We have a manager who has seen it all and worked with the very very best. He knows Sigurdsson isn't suitable for central mid but he knows he is a better standard than a reserve who hardly anyone has seen. Its easy to chuck in 11 kids and not be bothered but it's desperate.

We have players all over the pitch off form, out of position, under no threat for their place and not fully fit but Carlo has to instill confidence, passion, fight and get the best results he can get and he has been doing so.

The entire team was off last night nevermind just a few individuals. Stop digging out players every single day it doesn't help anyone in fact you look like you don't support this club what so ever.

We fight together or not at all.
Finally some sense.

Well in mate.

This is the imaginary transfer thread, right? So bare with me. I'd love for Usmanov to actually prove his so-called connection with us and have us do the following.

We sign Allan for £30 million. Fairley big transfer, which would instantly improve central midfield by a large margin.

We then sign Thiago Silva on a free. He'd be a starter for us and improve our already decent defence.

We then sign Willian on a free. Again, he remains one of the best right mids in the league and would be a starter for us.

We then drop 65 million on Grealish for left midfield. It would make loads of noise, some people saying he is too expensive, with the other half saying he should have gone to a bigger club. He'd be another youth as well, for all you youngo-philes

Presuming Villa have stayed up, we then sell them Keane to them at 25 million, and they can also loan Iwobi to replace Grealish at left midfield, and they can also loan Sigurdsson, Bernard, Walcott, Delph whilst they are at it.Take your pick! Have all of them if you want, just take them on loan, it's minimum risk for you and they'd probably be enough to keep you up, and you'd still have another 40 million to play with. We'd also get a load of expensive wages off the books.

We'd still need further investment in CM. Either getting a cheaper option like Hojbjerg for 20 million, or more preferably, getting in a good CM on loan.

Our midfield would then look like this:

Grealish Allan 'Better-Loan' Willian

Which is a damn sight better than:

Bernard, Davies, Gomes, Iwobi.

They'd be playing behind an attack of Richarlson and DCL

and in front of a defence that would be Digne Mina Silva Coleman, the weak link being Coleman,
That would be a decent first XI but even if you somehow got 35 games out of most of them it still isn't as good as the XIs of United, Chelsea, City and the RS and it all goes kaput after a year or two because of the ages of the signings.

We unfortunately are still not one transfer window away unless the transfers happen to be multiple genuinely world class players. And since that won't be happening we aren't one away.

I don't know how you can watch us be utterly woeful like that and think the correct thing to do is sign a 35 year old player who will be retired before we have a decent squad in place. Swerve it.
Haha, maybe you're right - think I just crave a leader and some winners. I don't know - he might not be the answer and wouldn't see him playing every game. The gutless shower that were on display last night was just abysmal though and the fact Gary Neville was pretty much laughing at us/sympathising with the fans, says a lot about the players attitudes on the pitch tonight. Embarrassing.

It will be a loan. I don't think they are affluent enough or stupid enough to try and buy him, surely?
If you're buying him to score goals it isn't a bad move. Asking him to be a #10 or central midfield player is. But honestly if we just asked him to stand around the box and shoot when it comes to him, he'd be decent at it.

That would be a decent first XI but even if you somehow got 35 games out of most of them it still isn't as good as the XIs of United, Chelsea, City and the RS and it all goes kaput after a year or two because of the ages of the signings.

We unfortunately are still not one transfer window away unless the transfers happen to be multiple genuinely world class players. And since that won't be happening we aren't one away.

I'd rather have two years of progress and then regress back to the 'kaput' stage, which is where we are right now. Than having no progress at all, and remain in the kaput stage for ever more.

For me, free transfers on high wages that you know are gona give you a good two years and then maybe slow down on their third is much better than gambling 30 million before you even start paying wages on an Iwobi, who will just provide four years of constant wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.