Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless signing anybody really.

We as a club haven't won anything for 25 years and we are no closer to winning anything any time soon, may as well just save our money and finish 12th rather than spend.

I love your commitment to baiting people out (not in a nasty way obviously). Anytime I see a post it's the opposite of what people want/think and I respect your commitment to the cause.

But, I don't think that is what CA wants.
I think the manager likes his defenders in the Keane mould.
Ironically, if he were to be sold I think there would be a lot of interest.

I disagree. I think Ancelotti prefers central defenders that can perform long passes or carry the ball out of defence. Keane can do neither, but he is a solid English defender that excels in teams that play deep. He's a bottom half premier league defender, and the interest would come from clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League.

Brands has a proven track record of buying absolute wank, he's hardly the go-to transfer guru.

Would their wages be that much more than Sigurrdson's, Walcott's, Delph's, Bernard's and Iwobi's put together?

The net difference would't be that much at all imo.
I'm not claiming Brands is a guru indeed I am doubting his abilities of late especially with how he hasn't identified the right attitude and profile of player in several cases, but he is currently our dof and clearly mostly buys potential. Maybe but I doubt we are selling all of them sadly, also I don't think loading our squad with more high wage players at the end of their careers will help us. We could do with one or two older leaders but there is no quick fix here we have to build.

We get linked to utter crappers like Hojberg at Southampton and people convince themselves they are good players, despite us knowing they are terrible.

People suggest we sign good players, but no good player is ever going to join a side like Everton, all we can hope for us really average players that don't play terribly every week.

I disagree. I think Ancelotti prefers central defenders that can perform long passes or carry the ball out of defence. Keane can do neither, but he is a solid English defender that excels in teams that play deep. He's a bottom half premier league defender, and the interest would come from clubs in the bottom half of the Premier League.
I agree
It’s obvious he’s getting the team to sit deep, so not to expose Kean and Mina to a lesser extent.
And the for same reason, of having a poor midfield.

He talked about how poor On the ball the centre backs were when pressed v Liverpool’s kids. I think with the right personal he will get us up the pitch. I could be wrong but I feel. Though Ancelotti is a defensive coach, I think he can change with the times. Unlike mourinho.

We get linked to utter crappers like Hojberg at Southampton and people convince themselves they are good players, despite us knowing they are terrible.

People suggest we sign good players, but no good player is ever going to join a side like Everton, all we can hope for us really average players that don't play terribly every week.

World class. :D

We as a club haven't won anything for 25 years and we are no closer to winning anything any time soon, may as well just save our money and finish 12th rather than spend.
free_shutterstock_34470373_fisherman_web.png

The biggest take away of the post Lockdown games is why are we apparently chasing a centre back. We have 3, plus branthwaite and Gibson in an absolute emergency.

We won't be in Europe so what's the point.

They're not perfect as a group but a damn sight better than the shambles in midfield.

Same with right back. Sidibe can do one. Even for 12 million. Jon Joe, and seamus will have to do for a season.

TWO centre mids is a must. I say two because for me Gomes needs genuine competition and can't be an automatic starter, he just ain't all that.

Also a right sided wide player that can actually score. And not run down blind alleys like the collection of dross we currently have.

One or two of these could even be loans, surely even brands the genius can manage that?

World class. :D

He clearly isn't world class, but I think I've just seen a stat saying that Gomes is the worst player in the entire league for allowing players to dribble past him, whereas Hojbjerg is the 13th best for making tackles in the league.

He's not Kante or Gueye but I think he'd be a massive upgrade on Gomes, certainly from a defensive perspective.

It all depends on his cost. If we get him for 18 million then we are paying not much more than we paid for McCarthy back in 2013, for a player that may be of similar quality to McCarthy. He's only just about to turn 25 as well.

So not world class, but capable of making that massive void in the centre of a our midfield considerably smaller.

Despite the obvious tongue in cheek manner of this post it does raise a good point. Does anyone actually truly believe that this club is going to come good one day soon?

I personally see all these horrendous stats and records we’ve got and the level of player we’re bringing in (as Goat said our last good midfield was a 900 year old Gareth Barry and James McCarthy) and it just accentuates the feeling I’ve had in the back of my head for a while now that in 5 or 10 years we will be relegated and we will see this recent period we’ve had and are in now as the fork in the road from which it all went down hill. I just don’t see Everton as a viable entity anymore.

Or imagine this: We sign players and make them good.

Bill Kenwright likes this lol

Status
Not open for further replies.