Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a reason why Ancelotti has said that he is in for the long haul. He knows there are no quick fixes and is managing expectations. If he can incrementally improve on what he has managed this season there’ll be progress. He’s sorting us out defensively but this has a knock on effect. Both Gomes and Sigurdsson are playing the roles that do not best fit them and this impacts the whole dynamic of the team. One is also back from a serious injury and we may not see the best of him for some time and the other is fading.
I suspect a decent winger and cm would transform us. Not title winning but make us ready for the next step.

We overlook the positives from this year, Holgate, Calvert Lewin, Gordon, Richarlison and Digne (getting back to where he was) That’s a good base and all of them should be better next year.

Not sure about Pickford though

There’s a reason why Ancelotti has said that he is in for the long haul. He knows there are no quick fixes and is managing expectations. If he can incrementally improve on what he has managed this season there’ll be progress. He’s sorting us out defensively but this has a knock on effect. Both Gomes and Sigurdsson are playing the roles that do not best fit them and this impacts the whole dynamic of the team. One is also back from a serious injury and we may not see the best of him for some time and the other is fading.
I suspect a decent winger and cm would transform us. Not title winning but make us ready for the next step.

We overlook the positives from this year, Holgate, Calvert Lewin, Gordon, Richarlison and Digne (getting back to where he was) That’s a good base and all of them should be better next year.

Not sure about Pickford though
Get out of this group this instantly, we can't have people talking sense!

Besic and McCarthy would have ran all over Siggurdson and Gomes last night. The quality of our midfield from the period where we had the likes of Arteta Cahill Pienaar Fellaini Osman Carsley all at their peaks has declined massively. So many signings for big money can’t even get near what Moyes spent peanuts on. Schneiderlin Siggurdson Klaasen Vlasic all awful wastes of money. Gueye has probably been the only value buy. Jury still out on Gomes and Iwobi. Bernard is lucky he was free.
I agree. Do you think it's as much where we get these players from? The benches of CL clubs where they feel like they have already made it like Iwobi, Morgan and Gomes or the best player at a lower club where the pressure to be consistent every week isn't there like Sig. Add that to the massive wages we lavish on players who have achieved nothing means we have a largely unambitious set of mercenaries happy to stumble through away games and never take a risk whilst winning enough home games to make us safe? It's no coincidence our most hungry players we're on the up like Richarlison or came through our youth ranks. We need to start buying hungry ambitious players for whom playing for Everton is the biggest moment of their career not those stepping down feeling they are too good for us but aren't able to prove it.

I am surprised in a way Brands hasn't taken more gambles on players who are up and coming from foreign leagues or even the championship he seems to have a hard on for players playing at glamour clubs who aren't needed anymore like the name of the club they play for means anything if they aren't good enough. The only two he has bought in the mould I expected from his PSV work are Gbamin and Richarlison...

This is the imaginary transfer thread, right? So bare with me. I'd love for Usmanov to actually prove his so-called connection with us and have us do the following.

We sign Allan for £30 million. Fairley big transfer, which would instantly improve central midfield by a large margin.

We then sign Thiago Silva on a free. He'd be a starter for us and improve our already decent defence.

We then sign Willian on a free. Again, he remains one of the best right mids in the league and would be a starter for us.

We then drop 65 million on Grealish for left midfield. It would make loads of noise, some people saying he is too expensive, with the other half saying he should have gone to a bigger club. He'd be another youth as well, for all you youngo-philes

Presuming Villa have stayed up, we then sell them Keane to them at 25 million, and they can also loan Iwobi to replace Grealish at left midfield, and they can also loan Sigurdsson, Bernard, Walcott, Delph whilst they are at it.Take your pick! Have all of them if you want, just take them on loan, it's minimum risk for you and they'd probably be enough to keep you up, and you'd still have another 40 million to play with. We'd also get a load of expensive wages off the books.

We'd still need further investment in CM. Either getting a cheaper option like Hojbjerg for 20 million, or more preferably, getting in a good CM on loan.

Our midfield would then look like this:

Grealish Allan 'Better-Loan' Willian

Which is a damn sight better than:

Bernard, Davies, Gomes, Iwobi.

They'd be playing behind an attack of Richarlson and DCL

and in front of a defence that would be Digne Mina Silva Coleman, the weak link being Coleman,

Last edited:

This is the imaginary transfer thread, right? So bare with me. I'd love for Usmanov to actually prove his so-called connection with us and have us do the following.

We sign Allan for £30 million. Fairley big transfer, which would instantly improve central midfield by a large margin.

We then sign Thiago Silva on a free. He'd be a starter for us and improve our already decent defence.

We then sign Willian on a free. Again, he remains one of the best right mids in the league and would be a starter for us.

We then drop 65 million on Grealish for left midfield. It would make loads of noise, some people saying he is too expensive, with the other half saying he should have gone to a bigger club. He'd be another youth as well, for all you youngo-philes

Presuming Villa have stayed up, we then sell them Keane to them at 25 million, and they can also loan Iwobi to replace Grealish at left midfield, and they can also loan Sigurdsson, Bernard, Walcott, Delph whilst hey are at it.Take your pick! Have all of them if you want, just take them on loan, it's minimum risk for you and they'd probably be enough to keep you up, and you'd still have another 40 million to play with. We'd also get a load of expensive wages off the books.

We'd still need further investment in CM. Either getting a cheaper option like Hojbjerg for 20 million, or more preferably, getting in a good CM on loan.

Our midfield would then look like this:

Grealish Allan 'Better-Loan' Willian

Which is a damn sight better than:

Bernard, Davies, Gomes, Iwobi.

They'd be playing behind an attack of Richarlson and DCL

and in front of a defence that would be Digne Mina Silva Coleman, the weak link being Coleman,
You want Willian, Allan and Silva you do realise Brands said he would only occasionally buy players over 25? Plus their wages would be ridiculous.

You want Willian, Allan and Silva you do realise Brands said he would only occasionally buy players over 25? Plus their wages would be ridiculous.

Brands has a proven track record of buying absolute wank, he's hardly the go-to transfer guru.

Would their wages be that much more than Sigurrdson's, Walcott's, Delph's, Bernard's and Iwobi's put together?

The net difference wouldn't be that much at all imo.

And as for that 'Udinese model' of only buying players that are below 25, so that you can then sell them if they ever become good at 27. Do me a favour. It's a small club model, for clubs that are more interested in 'resale value' in order to avoid the need for future investment. It never works either.

Last edited:
We won't be able to fix all of the issues in the squad in the summer window? whenever that will be, but for me I see us linked with CB's I would leave that area for now, two centre midfielders, a right back and a right sided midfielder/winger are the absolute priorities for this window.

Sigurdsson, Bernard, Sidebe, Walcott we should do all we can to get rid of them and if any sort of decent money is offered 10m plus I would let Gomes go too

Status
Not open for further replies.