Everton Head Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that was the point that 'friendly rivalry' went out the window. Emlyn Hughes set the tone for the future behaviours of generations of kopites. He showed that it was not enough to celebrate your victories and be happy. No, for him (and most kopites since then) 'celebrating' meant ridiculing others. Rubbing peoples nose in it was more important to him than simply enjoying success.

I'd say it goes deeper than that. When we lost the FA Cup final in 68, the RS fans in my mums Street had a street party, and taunted my then 8 and 6 year old uncles as they sat on the step, heartbroken. Grown men taunting children who were upset. Don't let anyone tell you it's a recent thing. It's literally been that way for decades because they have been bitter about us for as long as they have existed, but will never admit to it. The Hughes Incident is just indicative of a pattern of behaviour that stems from their own bitter, twisted, narcissistic jealousy.

The irony is, they actually try to trot out the line "It just means more". They don't even realise the irony. To be sure, they will never be be happy, never be satisfied. Constantly looking over their shoulders and stomping their feet for attention and adulation as everyone else cringes at their behaviour.

Just be glad that you are a blue. We may never have the same level of success as them, but everything we achieve will actually mean more.

I'd say it goes deeper than that. When we lost the FA Cup final in 68, the RS fans in my mums Street had a street party, and taunted my then 8 and 6 year old uncles as they sat on the step, heartbroken. Grown men taunting children who were upset. Don't let anyone tell you it's a recent thing. It's literally been that way for decades because they have been bitter about us for as long as they have existed, but will never admit to it. The Hughes Incident is just indicative of a pattern of behaviour that stems from their own bitter, twisted, narcissistic jealousy.

The irony is, they actually try to trot out the line "It just means more". They don't even realise the irony. To be sure, they will never be be happy, never be satisfied. Constantly looking over their shoulders and stomping their feet for attention and adulation as everyone else cringes at their behaviour.

Just be glad that you are a blue. We may never have the same level of success as them, but everything we achieve will actually mean more.
that's a great post. I remember the 66 cup final my mother and father went out celebrating in the nighttime and this rs said to my dad that Everton didn't win Sheffield Wednesday lost. unfortunately for the rs my dad had a quick temper and had quite a few drinks so the rs ended up on the floor. my dad came home furious saying them shithouses always try to spoil it for everyone. and he was right and it's always been that way

Thats quite horrifying. Shame on them

Oh there's no doubt that there have always been idiots. Even Emlyn Hughes can't be held responsible for that fact.
It was still the case though that Reds and blues (generally speaking) had a good natured rivalry and most would even want success for heir rivals team (provided it wasn't at the expense of their own team of course) As others have said in this thread, there were plenty of blues who attended there victory parade in 1977.
The squeaky voiced Barrow born basturd encouraging the crowd to sing 'Everton are tragic' was definitely a turning point.

I have just read Klopp's open letter to the Red Echo. Needless to say that rag are fawning over it as you would expect and to be fair it is fairly magnanimous (if a bit patronising towards us).

However, though he condemns the appalling "celebrations" from a covid-19 social distancing point of view, at no point does he address the violence, arson, attacks on police and the many other misdemeanours. As with all their many incidents over at least the last 40 years, it is ignored. It's like if they don't mention it, it never happened.
The shifting of the blame minimising of what happened has started. Joe Anderson apparently is to blame.... you couldn't make it up by one of their journalists. I hope he takes the time to do a rebuttal in the press where it is all laid out for the nation to see. I won't hold my breath

It is not bitter to feel aggrieved when someone screws you over or treats you badly, constantly makes fun of you, etc. It's not even bitter to feel hard done by when things go against you, or to feel misrepresented by a biased agenda led media.

Bitterness is getting everything you want, and still being bitter about it, like a spoilt child.

Bitterness is winning and rubbing it in other people's faces because you have no concept of joy or happiness, because your entire existence is based on getting one over on someone else and gloating about it.

Bitterness is winning a trophy for the 1st time in 30 years, and the 1st thought is to celebrate outside the Headquarters of your rivals, and vandalising landmarks for daring to be there.

Bitterness is getting to a European final, being interviewed on TV and gloating to a group of supporters who weren't even in the competition.

Bitterness is choosing to support a side who have won more than virtually every other team in the country, and being bitter when anyone else wins anything.

Bitterness is constantly needing your collective egos fed, ramming it down everyone's throats for decades, but being offended and getting hyper defensive when anyone dares to suggest any negative behaviour from your players or fans.

Liverpool have far and away the most bitter, twisted, selfish, miserable, mean spirited, saw loser, ungracious winner, perennially offended, condescending, glory hunting, classless, immature, childlike fanbase there is. It's not even close. And that even that goes for former players as well, who have infiltrated every and all avenue of media to help push the propoganda.

The only reason you call Everton bitter is because all of the above is true, and despite all the trophies, you are jealous of what makes us special.

It's an absolute fallacy that Everton are bitter, and one that has been peddled for decades to excuse your own childish behaviour. It's literally the only comeback you have.

But the more you peddle it, the more it proves my point.

Enjoy your hollow victories and your gloating. I know it won't bring you any true joy.
Possibly the best post I've ever read

Status
Not open for further replies.