Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart says yes, my head says no
I don’t think we’re equipped for it right now especially after the delays.
Do well in the league next season, better squad, then have a go.

I don’t even like European games for the most part, a few crackers aside they have mostly been turgid affairs against no mark teams. However, we finally have a manager who knows how to win and we have a chairman who is willing to back his managers financially. So even though for th Emory part it would drain our squad energy, produce a seemingly endless stream of mostly meaningless games etc. It offers us the chance to try out reserve and youth team players, makes us (slightly) more appealing when trying to buy new players and most important of all, it gives us a chance to see what our manager is capable of in European competition.

So whilst there is a good and bad about the Europa league, I think on the whole it would benefit us.

I will always say yes. Our cup history for 25 years has been near enough awful, especially the league cup were we seem to try and fail every year
At least Europe gives something different and the change of a few good away trips
Would you prefer a European game Thursday night or Brighton at home Sunday 4pm kick off

Yes, but I don’t think we will get it this year. Too many teams ahead of us playing well. We probably have to win about 5 or 6 games to do it and hope one or two completely blow apart. Can’t see it.

Yes, our most realistic goal for next season will be qualifying for Europa anyway, why anyone wouldn't want to do it a year early is beyond me.

Exactly this. People want us to not be in the Europa league so we can do well in the league which will put us in Europa anyways most likely. Alot of people seem to think we can go from mid table to top 4 overnight.

Bot to mention we havent had Europa in years and our league performance was gash anyways

Very much doubt it would attract better calibre players as wages does that these days. The competition itself is crap and annoying playing every Sunday for League matches. I suppose we have to aim for it because what’s the point otherwise. We’re useless in cup competitions, no chance of C/L and probably very little chance of this.

Very much doubt it would attract better calibre players as wages does that these days. The competition itself is crap and annoying playing every Sunday for League matches. I suppose we have to aim for it because what’s the point otherwise. We’re useless in cup competitions, no chance of C/L and probably very little chance of this.

You qualify for the CL by winning the Europa, that should be incentive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.