Europa League do we want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will always say yes. Our cup history for 25 years has been near enough awful, especially the league cup were we seem to try and fail every year
At least Europe gives something different and the change of a few good away trips
Would you prefer a European game Thursday night or Brighton at home Sunday 4pm kick off
My views are very similar. Most fans want to watch and attend games. Travel to different countries and see new teams at Goodison. For me anyway that appeals more then having Bournemouth at 3 on a Saturday

European football is rubbish, too many short memories on here, really hope we miss out on it, rather have a real go at the league cup, we need to win something

Good chance that european qualifiers won't be in the league cup next season, great chance of winning it in that case.

I still want european football though

No.
it’s really hard to win but oddly incredibly boring
Players become knackered (related to squad depth and quality)
It’s a great chance to injure players who’ll miss important domestic completions

My views are very similar. Most fans want to watch and attend games. Travel to different countries and see new teams at Goodison. For me anyway that appeals more then having Bournemouth at 3 on a Saturday
Is that code for “most fans want to go on the lash in strange and exotic locations”?

With the win over Norwich we still have a chance of getting in to the Europa league but do we want to?

Yes the extra money alright and it raises the profile of the club

However we have a paper thin squad and there taking about starting next season at the end of September and finishing in May as normal.
Which means fitting 38 games in to 32 weeks, plus Fa cup and League cup. Then you add in the Europa league and that’s at least another 10-15 games(if we do well)
Something like 50 odd games in 32 weeks.
I think we be better out of Europe and used the congestion of other clubs to get ourselves in to the top 4/6
Would agree but if everything starts late then expect some revision of timetable/structure.

Who wouldn't want to be Europe when you've a manager whose done it all Europe, not just in as a manager but when as a player as well?

Carlo is used to being in Europe season in season out so I'm sure he wants to be there. I certainly do too.

That said, I do believe we'll come up short and just miss out on it.

Obviously it's better we dont get stuck having to play European football, but dont forget if we do I cant see us having European away days like we did in the past.
Not sure if Brexit will change stuff for travel but the virus definitely will. I read earlier about parts of Spain going into full lockdown again, the last thing I can see being a priority for anyone is fans flying in large numbers just to see a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.