Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.

Have you tried writing a letter to your daughter ? It doesn't have to be great literature, just tell her you love her and miss her. She might just throw it in the bin, but it might just spark something.

Have you tried writing a letter to your daughter ? It doesn't have to be great literature, just tell her you love her and miss her. She might just throw it in the bin, but it might just spark something.
I tried the letter route in October to apologise for my mistakes but that didn't work for me because I refuse to back down to her mother.
She put me through absolute hell but now my daughter thinks it is my own fault.
I do text my daughter every single day so even though she ignores the vast majority of them she knows I'm there.

Well this translation was perfect and we all have a translator too .Try us and see if we can ease the problem.
Made a translation and the original. I must say I wrote for the soul. Therefore, do not judge strictly))))

Attachments

• TEXT.pdf
    49.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Trilogy RUS.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 125
Cheers mate I do tell her I love her, but get nothing back. Didn’t even get a hug or kiss on Father’s Day. Yet she’s always telling her mum she loves her as I hear her on the phone.

I tried the letter route in October to apologise for my mistakes but that didn't work for me because I refuse to back down to her mother.
She put me through absolute hell but now my daughter thinks it is my own fault.
I do text my daughter every single day so even though she ignores the vast majority of them she knows I'm there.
Had similar mate. I used to text her regularly but got nothing back in reply or a cursory ok or alright. I only text her now when I have to, as texting her and getting nothing back was adding to my hurt.

Cheers mate I do tell her I love her, but get nothing back. Didn’t even get a hug or kiss on Father’s Day. Yet she’s always telling her mum she loves her as I hear her on the phone.
I tried telling my son through Facebook that I love him but he cancelled his Facebook page then a few years later through Linkedin and he had my eldest tell me he was going to close that then but as he needed for work would I stop. Of course I promised never to do it again but it hurts like hell to not know if he is married has a family or whatever ,you see he made the eldest promise not to share anything with me .

Cheers for the advice mate. I too have met a wonderful girl. Her support has been fantastic, But nevertheless it still hurts so much. She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.
All you can do is be there for her. Kids go through phases and she may inadvertently lay the blame for her parents separating on you. Your ex has a lot of responsibility in that she needs to tell your daughter you're a good dad and you still love her. As you know you can't " force " loved ones to love you however, all you can do ax far as I can see is to get the message to her you love her and are there for you. We all know it's not / shouldn't be about lavishing material things on you're kids to " demonstrate " you love them. I have just spent 10 years of my life as a psychy nurse on a CAMHS unit and heard so many parents saying " she has everything " or " he wants for nothing ". If is NOT what you can provide materially to s child but emotionally. Keep telling your kids you love them, will there for them regardless and that is all you can do BUT it should be enough. Good luck and hope you find some peace of mind.

Cheers for the advice mate. I too have met a wonderful girl. Her support has been fantastic, But nevertheless it still hurts so much. She is at a loss just like me, why my daughter is so cold to me, when all I’ve done is to be the best dad to her I possibly can.
A friend of mine from London was married and had two sons. He is gay. His marriage ended when he was caught by his wife "entertaining at home" as he puts it. His sons stopped speaking to him, he moved up North for work and stayed here. He has been in a relationship with one of my closest friends for about 20 years now. That's how I met him. His sons didn't speak to him for a very long time until they grew up. They both met girls, got married and had kids. Once they had kids they mad contact with their Dad, they wanted the kids to meet their Grandad and I think both sons, with a bit of gentle persuasion from their wives, realised that life is actually too short. He now has a nice relationship with both sons and adores his six grandchildren. I think what I'm trying to say is don't give up hope. It might take a while but hang in there.

I didn't even get a birthday card off my daughter mate. It destroys you.
I tell my daughter on a regular basis I love her. and I get nothing back but I'll never give up as long as I'm alive .
People keep telling me it gets better but if anything it's getting worse. I'm taking the blame for my wife's affair and other stuff like debts and on one occasion a black eye. The fact it was a one off assault means it's ok in my daughter's eyes.
The lack of support for men is scary. This must cause massive issues later.

I didn't even get a birthday card off my daughter mate. It destroys you.
I tell my daughter on a regular basis I love her. and I get nothing back but I'll never give up as long as I'm alive .
People keep telling me it gets better but if anything it's getting worse. I'm taking the blame for my wife's affair and other stuff like debts and on one occasion a black eye. The fact it was a one off assault means it's ok in my daughter's eyes.
The lack of support for men is scary. This must cause massive issues later.
Had a scan on my back last year. I was due to have the kids but told them the reason I couldn’t have them. My son whose 9 asked me right away how it went, my daughter 15........7 hours later via a text after being told by her mum to do so. Genuinely think she doesn’t care what happens to me, treated like a stranger when I see her.