Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, it's not the game that's the issue, it's the travel. I spoke to family in Dublin at the weekend, they were saying it was full of Italians over for the rugby, despite it having been cancelled ages ago. People have paid for flights and hotels, they're not going to cancel the trip just because the games off. Unless you stop them from coming over you're not changing anything, you're just taking it out of your consciousness.

It's kinda both though. We haven't stopped them travelling so that's airports, taxis, hotels, trains, restaurants, shops etc. but we could at very least cancel the game which keeps those that go to the game but maybe not necessarily in the city from being exposed. It's not a case of since it's started may as well finish in my opinion.

It's kinda both though. We haven't stopped them travelling so that's airports, taxis, hotels, trains, restaurants, shops etc. but we could at very least cancel the game which keeps those that go to the game but maybe not necessarily in the city from being exposed. It's not a case of since it's started may as well finish in my opinion.
No that's fair. Obviously every little helps. I just mean loads of people are talking about it as if cancelling the game would solve the problem. It wouldn't even touch the surface.

No that's fair. Obviously every little helps. I just mean loads of people are talking about it as if cancelling the game would solve the problem. It wouldn't even touch the surface.

Oh no, not even close, but we can at least keep as many places as "clean" from it as possible. A stadium has sooo many different people every day working in and walking around, touching stuff, fans going different weeks etc.

Soon as Spain got all this they shouldn't have been able to fly and game cancelled.

In my opinion travel of any kind between any country should be stopped.

Hi everyone, I posted a long long time ago but as this is a common threat I'd just like to let You know how we are handling this virus. These are today's news here in Hungary (incl. no cancellation just yet but every sporting event behind closed doors), we have 13 infected, no death:

Extraordinary measures announced by Gulyás:
  • No entry into Hungary allowed from Italy, China, South Korea, and Iran, except for Hungarian citizens who will automatically be ordered to self-isolate. All air traffic, trains, and buses coming from these countries will be shut down beginning from midnight,
  • Restrictions will apply at the Slovenian and Austrian border as well,
  • False statements concerning the virus will be sanctioned, just like the violation of quarantine orders,
  • Universities will only hold remote classes,
  • Outdoors public events of over 500 people and indoors public events of over 100 people banned - this does not apply to workplaces and malls, but does apply to cinemas and theatres, football games will be played behind closed gates. Parliament will remain operational.
  • No school trips abroad are allowed, and the recently announced free two-week language courses abroad for Hungarian students will take place a year later.
  • More measures will be announced later.

The Minister said children do not typically catch Covid-19, therefore it is unnecessary to close schools at this point, adding that only 15 EU member states closed schools - as soon as children are affected, new measures may be announced. Gulyás said that these measures will be in effect until they are revoked, which may take weeks or months.
Answering questions from the press, Gulyás informed about the following:
  • Concerning the entry ban, special regulations about foreign spouses of Hungarian citizens may be introduced.
  • Ministers and state secretaries will need special permission to travel abroad,
  • The government is not planning to lock down Budapest or any other major cities,
  • Transportation of goods will not be affected by these measures,
  • Self-isolation orders may be enforced by police,
  • There are 37 laboratories in Hungary performing tests for Covid-19, the government deems that number sufficient based on WHO guidelines.
  • The Minister urged people to work from home if they can.

Oh no, not even close, but we can at least keep as many places as "clean" from it as possible. A stadium has sooo many different people every day working in and walking around, touching stuff, fans going different weeks etc.

Soon as Spain got all this they shouldn't have been able to fly and game cancelled.

In my opinion travel of any kind between any country should be stopped.

Why cancel, just should have been played behind closed doors.

I can’t see our country going on lockdown the way we’re seeing in Italy etc. The tories in charge care more about the economy than the wellbeing of it’s citizens.
True. But I think everyone is like ‘oh we only have so many hundred it’s not that bad’ well that’s confirmed! There’s probably hundreds possibly thousands more who have it now but don’t know yet. I didn’t think it would get this bad, I honestly thought it was scaremongering by the media and it would just fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.