Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the the fates have decreed, Liverpool will be awarded the CL championship as they are so far ahead and that is only fair. This is in the event of cancellation of games. Definition of cancellation for those unsure means games will never be played and the season abandoned. Nobody will be relegated or promoted as that would be unfair. Existing positions though will count as qualification for Europe 2020/2021. It will be left to clubs' discretion whether season ticket holders should get refunds for cancelled games. Now you know.

Frightening

Thousands of Madrid fans flying in last night and today. They'll be in town all day before the match.

Ridiculous this is being allowed..

I am finding it hard to keep track of where and how bad this thing is. And I am usually in the Keep calm and Carry On camp.

But that does seem bizarre.

It takes the words of our manager to put this into context:

quote-football-is-the-most-important-of-the-less-important-things-in-the-world-carlo-ancelotti-71-95-15.jpg

As the the fates have decreed, Liverpool will be awarded the CL championship as they are so far ahead and that is only fair. This is in the event of cancellation of games. Definition of cancellation for those unsure means games will never be played and the season abandoned. Nobody will be relegated or promoted as that would be unfair. Existing positions though will count as qualification for Europe 2020/2021. It will be left to clubs' discretion whether season ticket holders should get refunds for cancelled games. Now you know.

If no one gets promoted/relegated due to fairness why do we also then just assume the current top 6 stays as it is etc.?

Honestly, and I’d be gutted regardless of the scenario, can’t see how the Derby hasn’t been postponed.

We’ve played Arsenal in between ties at Olympiacos, the fella could have had it then, so we MAY have it.

West Ham MAY have it, but instead let’s just postpone the one game.

Side step the Euros to 2021 and let the season finish.
Wow yes, forgot about that. If I was a player I'd refuse to play again until cleared and I would only play behind closed doors once cleared.
Fit and healthy players or not, they can pass it on to the more vulnerable.

None of those things kill 3% of the entire population.
Mortality is still
None of those things kill 3% of the entire population.
Think mortality in the full population is still subject to a lot of variables and differing estimates. If I had to guess with a gun to my head, I'd say 1% of the 60% who might get infected, but even this is a lot of actual people dying.

On a less serious note, I'm listening to local radio, which coincidentally seems to be on a virus wind up. They played Sit Down (next to me), followed by I Will Survive. You just can't get away from this virusness!

Ps.

As of yesterday, Spain has 1,646 confirmed cases of Covid-19.

782 of these are in the Madrid region.
Wow and we allow 1000s of Madrid fans to fly in to go to bars and restaurants, hotels use buses and trains. Then attend a match with 50000s fans just stupid. Simply put money ahead of health and lives.

Mortality is still

Think mortality in the full population is still subject to a lot of variables and differing estimates. If I had to guess with a gun to my head, I'd say 1% of the 60% who might get infected, but even this is a lot of actual people dying.

On a less serious note, I'm listening to local radio, which coincidentally seems to be on a virus wind up. They played Sit Down (next to me), followed by I Will Survive. You just can't get away from this virusness!
Was the next song 'another one bites the dust'?

Wow and we allow 1000s of Madrid fans to fly in to go to bars and restaurants, hotels use buses and trains. Then attend a match with 50000s fans just stupid. Simply put money ahead of health and lives.
Short of every country closing their borders, what else can they do? You're talking about thousands of people who've already booked flights and accommodation, even if you cancel the game they're still going to come over and visit those bars and whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.