Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so arsenal players came into contact with this guy 13 days ago. All medical advice says symptoms of coronavirus take 5 days to come out. Arsenal say from yesterday players have self isolated for 14 days even though none have shown any symptoms.
Am I missing something here. Is self isolation a cure?

Err it's to stop the spread if you're infected

Easy to mock all this stuff if you’re a healthy person under 70, but if you had a frail family member you’d be absolutely raging about people not taking this seriously.
Like this ?
Boris needs to be concerned about his pregnant g/f who apparently had contact with Ms Dorries also , maybe action will be taken when it affects them directly

Funny really how extreme measures are being taken against something that will kill such a relatively small number of people. Why isn't this approach adopted for other things? So, let's close motorways, let's ban mountain climbing, let's lock up everyone found with a knife in a public area etc etc

Have you thought about joining the Tory party? They could do with some like minded people who just see humans as statistics and not as family and friends.

And if there was a 1 in 7 chance of being killed on the motorway (which is roughly the odds for an over 70 with underlying conditions) you'd be thinking twice before getting on one too.

Funny really how extreme measures are being taken against something that will kill such a relatively small number of people. Why isn't this approach adopted for other things? So, let's close motorways, let's ban mountain climbing, let's lock up everyone found with a knife in a public area etc etc
Don't think that the reasonable worst case projection of 100,000 deaths is something that you can ignore, and must be worse than mountain climbing and motorways etc. No need for panic, but reasonable substantial measures are justified, surely?

Err it's to stop the spread if you're infected
I.know that! But like I said the medical advice says you get the symptoms after 5 days. They came into contact with this Greek fella 13 days ago. So if they were going to get it they would have got it last week. But they only self isolated last week. So seems a waste of time to me.

But thats what I mean, where do you draw the line when everything is still mathematically possible for most teams in each league. We are only 10 points off relegation but 8 off Europe both are easily achievable. Do we play in a European playoff and a relegation one?

Thats inconcievable. You would have to scrap it and start from the end of last season. There would be winners and losers in this scenario but its the fairest.
Every remaining game decided on a coin toss.

Honestly, and I’d be gutted regardless of the scenario, can’t see how the Derby hasn’t been postponed.

We’ve played Arsenal in between ties at Olympiacos, the fella could have had it then, so we MAY have it.

West Ham MAY have it, but instead let’s just postpone the one game.

Side step the Euros to 2021 and let the season finish.

Honestly, and I’d be gutted regardless of the scenario, can’t see how the Derby hasn’t been postponed.

We’ve played Arsenal in between ties at Olympiacos, the fella could have had it then, so we MAY have it.

West Ham MAY have it, but instead let’s just postpone the one game.

Side step the Euros to 2021 and let the season finish.

be interesting to know if clubs are organising their own test, or is that not possible? where does the equipment for tests come from?

A35607BD-B3AE-4CA7-87D8-FFDB14F92C79.jpeg

None of those things kill 3% of the entire population.

Status
Not open for further replies.