Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little worried tbh. But I dunno how we stop this.

Lot of different advice going about.

Just like flu, got to run it’s course
Guess the concern is how quickly it spreads and the effects it will cause in a very quick timescale

I guess best we can hope for is we are better prepared than the likes of Italy, who unfortunately were not expecting it to be as bad as it actually is

The season should be suspended for 4 weeks and the situation be reassessed.
If the pandemic is continuing at anything like the current rate the season should be be declared null and void.

At a game people are in close proximity to each other: well inside guidleines, and for longer periods than is considered acceptable.

It's a no brainer.
Once again, I’m not saying the games shouldn’t be called off, I’m saying that there are a million other things that could be done too. I’m currently on a train, in close proximity to lots of people, for a long period. There’s no point saying ‘cancel all the events!!!’ if you’re still going to let people get public transport to and from work every day and work in offices with thousands of others. As usual, ordinary people have been successfully brainwashed into thinking that their leisure pursuits should be stopped but there’s no reason for them to stop working.

Once again, I’m not saying the games shouldn’t be called off, I’m saying that there are a million other things that could be done too. I’m currently on a train, in close proximity to lots of people, for a long period. There’s no point saying ‘cancel all the events!!!’ if you’re still going to let people get public transport to and from work every day and work in offices with thousands of others. As usual, ordinary people have been successfully brainwashed into thinking that their leisure pursuits should be stopped but there’s no reason for them to stop working.
That just means that public transport should be addressed, it cant back up any view that football match attendance somehow gets in under the radar.

We have NEVER mattered to this government yet people in this city still vote for them

Steve Rotherham (Metro Mayor) and Joe A (Elected Mayor), both very quiet on the situation! Could and possibly should have been shouting from the top of that horrific stand over there that the Madrid fans shouldn’t be coming over under these circumstances!

Last edited:
Steve Rotherham (Metro Mayor) and Joe A (Elected Mayor), both very quiet on the situation! Could and possibly should have been shouting from the top of that horrific stand over there that the Madrid’s fans shouldn’t be coming over under these circumstances!
Yes mate absolutely deafening.

I'm as conspiracy minded as anyone, but we need to remember that the most important thing is to stop the NHS being overwhelmed and people dying who otherwise wouldn't. Nothing else matters. We've not been "brainwashed", unless you think the older and vulnerable people who will die are acceptable collateral damage for "leisure pursuits" or that the multiple Italian doctors saying how bad it is over there are lying.

I agree the government are prioritising money and the economy over people here as always, but that doesn't mean we lower ourselves to their level - we can help ourselves and others even if those others aren't taking it seriously. I've noticed a sea change on here and other forums the last couple of days where people seem to be taking it more seriously which is good.

I'm as conspiracy minded as anyone, but we need to remember that the most important thing is to stop the NHS being overwhelmed and people dying who otherwise wouldn't. Nothing else matters. We've not been "brainwashed", unless you think the older and vulnerable people who will die are acceptable collateral damage for "leisure pursuits" or that the multiple Italian doctors saying how bad it is over there are lying.

I agree the government are prioritising money and the economy over people here as always, but that doesn't mean we lower ourselves to their level - we can help ourselves and others even if those others aren't taking it seriously. I've noticed a sea change on here and other forums the last couple of days where people seem to be taking it more seriously which is good.
I’m taking it very seriously. I’m not sure why you’re suggesting the brainwashing has got anything to do with the seriousness of the issue because you go on to show that you’ve clearly understood what I’m actually saying, that everybody’s talking about not cancelling a match/gig whatever being disgraceful but will think nothing of getting on a crowded train to go to a crowded office.

After 3 weeks of lockdown with no work i can say that live sport is hugely uplifting. When the streets are empty and it seems like everyone has gone mad watching sports go on is a relief.
I hope they find a way.

Inappropriate Language
As has been said before, and if anyone is in any doubt, this outbreak has highlighted once and for all that governments and the banking system do not give one s#%t about people. Making money is all that matters to them. Every measure that has been taken has always been reactive and therefore pointless. Not one proactive measure has been taken on time. When a lot of people die, people we know personally, I hope we can let those who allowed this to happen feel our anger. More restrictive measures could have been taken a lot earlier than was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.