Potential cancellation of games - Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head of the WHO calling on Governments to take "urgent and aggressive action".

Meanwhile, the Prem carries serenely on....
Of course. The prem willcontinue until the rs win it and THEN it will be cancelled.

Some forces are more powerful than human life is worth.

Not just here mate , there'll be fallout from Cheltenham over the next week or two.

There will be huge fallout from Cheltenham, both nationally in the UK and here in Ireland. History will show how reckless it was to allow 50,000+ drunken revellers stand cheek by jowl shouting and waving at horses coming down the home stretch. Not to mention the likely nocturnal entertainment said revellers will be engaged in. Disastrous.

I'm a little worried tbh. But I dunno how we stop this.

Lot of different advice going about.

There is no stopping it at this point mate, the response from various governments has been far too slow. Safe to assume pretty much everyone in the Western world is going to having some strain of it over the coming months. For the vast majority it will be okay, we'll be healthy enough to fight it off like we do most illnesses. It's people who already have health problems or are elderly you should worry for. Experts say so far the illness is killing 2-3% of people who get it, that's still going to be millions of people if you add it up.

Best thing you can do is just drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep and try to eat a good diet. All the stuff doctors would tell you to do anyway to have a strong immune system. So when it inevitably gets to you the symptoms will be minimum or maybe not even felt at all.

This whole think should be a massive wake up call to the world. We have to prepare for things like this and not be caught so off guard, it literally costs lives.

Again, it's not the game that's the issue, it's the travel. I spoke to family in Dublin at the weekend, they were saying it was full of Italians over for the rugby, despite it having been cancelled ages ago. People have paid for flights and hotels, they're not going to cancel the trip just because the games off. Unless you stop them from coming over you're not changing anything, you're just taking it out of your consciousness.
The government were criticized for not stopping flights from Italy, they said that the Italians could still come to Ireland if they came via another EU country.. as if you are going to go through the hassle of rebooking flights and making your way into another country to fly to Ireland after the game was cancelled.. and even if a few did it wouldn't have been the thousands that did come over.

True. But I think everyone is like ‘oh we only have so many hundred it’s not that bad’ well that’s confirmed! There’s probably hundreds possibly thousands more who have it now but don’t know yet. I didn’t think it would get this bad, I honestly thought it was scaremongering by the media and it would just fade away.

I've been following it since January on more conspiracy minded forums - it's unfortunately been like watching a slow moving train crash coming our way. Fair enough when it was a waiting game but now instead of putting the brakes on we're speeding up.

Something is not right in this country when we aren't doing anything to sort it when others are doing lockdowns, same with America. Cancelling events and carrying on with normal life at least would be a nod towards the right direction but we seem determined to push through with minimal real measures

Again, it's not the game that's the issue, it's the travel. I spoke to family in Dublin at the weekend, they were saying it was full of Italians over for the rugby, despite it having been cancelled ages ago. People have paid for flights and hotels, they're not going to cancel the trip just because the games off. Unless you stop them from coming over you're not changing anything, you're just taking it out of your consciousness.
At a game people are in close proximity to each other: well inside guidleines, and for longer periods than is considered acceptable.

It's a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.