2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait until DCL does play well on his own up top. Playing with Sigurdsson as the #10 is basically like playing with 10 men.

imagine DCL on his own with Richie in the 10, would be a whole different game, people seem to think because you are supported by a ghost in the 10 that you cant play up top alone.....alone isn't supposed to mean no one within 50 feet of you haha

Iwobi:

“So far, in training, I have only been on the left,” he said.

“And the way he plays, it suits me, I don't have to stay out on the left, I can come inside and drift in so it does suit my playing style. But at the end of the day, it's what is best for the team and however I can help them what qualities I can bring to the team, and I feel Carlo is able to bring the best out of me.

“With me, wherever I'm told to play – right-back, centre-back but hopefully not! - I will still try and do my best. I'm enjoying it on the left so far.”

Iwobi:

“So far, in training, I have only been on the left,” he said.

“And the way he plays, it suits me, I don't have to stay out on the left, I can come inside and drift in so it does suit my playing style. But at the end of the day, it's what is best for the team and however I can help them what qualities I can bring to the team, and I feel Carlo is able to bring the best out of me.

“With me, wherever I'm told to play – right-back, centre-back but hopefully not! - I will still try and do my best. I'm enjoying it on the left so far.”
Ha sounds very similar to what Bernard said that lol

He is still young and has time to develop into a better player. So far he is among a handful (aside from Bernard) who dares to charge forward and make those forward passes of which some were successful and others failed. He can only get better esp under Carlo.

The problem we have is we can't really play Iwobi and Bernard in the same team because they're so similar. Both prefer to play between the left and behind the striker, neither of them contribute directly to goals often but they both provide some creativity.

Need to be patient with Alex. Had some really good matches before the injury, amid some where he just went away.

All of that is in the past, and under our portguese overlord. I'm excited to see what he can do with Don Carlo, and if he doesn't impress the rest of this season, or really the first half of next season, then we can begin to judge

Status
Not open for further replies.