2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we should keep anybody with talent away from the U23 graveyard.
Not playing matches isn't good either. All I'm saying is at this rate he's going to play about 150 minutes from the first week of December until the end of the year and that's BAD for a developing player.

Not playing matches isn't good either. All I'm saying is at this rate he's going to play about 150 minutes from the first week of December until the end of the year and that's BAD for a developing player.
I dont consider learning from Carlo Ancelotti on a daily basis as bad personally.

Plus he can watch Bernie and learn true ability.

Which is why he will be loaned out in the summer.
You can't get this time back. It might not make a difference, but it is also time he could be learning and getting better that is wasted. It's typical of our laissez faire attitude toward player development.

Look at our squad now. There's a strong correlation between guys who played and guys who developed. Including Holgate who we actually got out on loan as soon as he stopped getting games. If we had not done that last January I highly doubt he'd be doing what he is now.

You can't get this time back. It might not make a difference, but it is also time he could be learning and getting better that is wasted. It's typical of our laissez faire attitude toward player development.

Look at our squad now. There's a strong correlation between guys who played and guys who developed. Including Holgate who we actually got out on loan as soon as he stopped getting games. If we had not done that last January I highly doubt he'd be doing what he is now.
He's not good enough. He shouldn't be getting games for us. He also doesn't fit Ancelotti's system. The team comes first not the development of sub-standard panic buys.

Who would you drop to give him games (imagine I don't already know who you are going to say).

He's not good enough. He shouldn't be getting games for us. He also doesn't fit Ancelotti's system. The team comes first not the development of sub-standard panic buys.

Who would you drop to give him games (imagine I don't already know who you are going to say).

He's not a perfect fit for our 4-4-2 but he should be reasonable enough in the Bernard role on the left. Roaming and drifting inside suits him. Bernard seems like he'll consistently need to be withdrawn from the physicality of the league so Iwobi should get a lot of minutes.

Clearly a lot of people on here don't rate him but I like him. He's probably the most direct player we have. Any time he gets the ball he goes straight for the jugular. A lot of those passes won't come off but at least he's going for it.

I'd give him Siggys place. Hes a good player, pretty sure Carlo next season will have him playing well

He's not a perfect fit for our 4-4-2 but he should be reasonable enough in the Bernard role on the left. Roaming and drifting inside suits him. Bernard seems like he'll consistently need to be withdrawn from the physicality of the league so Iwobi should get a lot of minutes.

Clearly a lot of people on here don't rate him but I like him. He's probably the most direct player we have. Any time he gets the ball he goes straight for the jugular. A lot of those passes won't come off but at least he's going for it.
He'll probably get some game time there because Bernard seems very fragile. To me he just flatters to deceive though, he doesn't score and he doesn't create enough chances for others. I don't really know what his best position is, at his age that's a problem, he's not a promising youngster, he's supposed to be approaching his prime.

I can't see him in a deeper midfield role, he can't tackle and gives the ball away too much.
The gives the ball away thing is a myth he's very comparable to Bernard and Walcott on that front. But I wouldn't have him deeper either. It isn't as simple to slot in there as people like to think.

The gives the ball away thing is a myth he's very comparable to Bernard and Walcott on that front. But I wouldn't have him deeper either. It isn't as simple to slot in there as people like to think.
It's not a myth, Bernard, Walcott and Iwobi all give the ball away too much to be central midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.