2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
Yes ive played football, I played every day for about 25 years.

Ive also walked up hills, down hills, to Tesco and Asda.

What I havent done is played top-level football, so I have no idea how easy or hard that would be.

Come back when you have and you can tell us about something thats relevant rather than you walking around Spain once.

I was using Spain as an example.

I've hill walked all over Europe but mainly in the UK for 15 - 20 years so I'm probably in a good position to compare a prolonged period of that activity to football. You do realise that hills/mountains go up the way and are often covered in large rocks and dirt tracks with 100m drops all over the place whereas football pitches are perfectly flat and are manicured to an extent that even Jordan's lady parts would be jealous right?

In fact I'm probably a poor example. I know mountain leaders in Scotland who go up and down this and similar for 6 hours a day every day for months on end in the summer. Not only do they have to care about themselves but they also have to worry about their clients lives which I'm sure is pretty demanding. They are often on not far off minimum wage and often do this for their whole career from 18 to the age of 50+.

I've never heard of one of them complaining or under performing due to being "tired"...

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

I'm not calling footballers pampered #$@&%*! but I'm not not calling them that either...

I've hill walked all over Europe but mainly in the UK for 15 - 20 years so I'm probably in a good position to compare a prolonged period of that activity to football. You do realise that hills/mountains go up the way and are often covered in large rocks and dirt tracks with 100m drops all over the place whereas football pitches are perfectly flat and are manicured to an extent that even Jordan's lady parts are jealous right?

In fact I'm probably a poor example. I know mountain leaders in Scotland who go up and down this and similar for 6 hours a day every day for months on end in the summer. Not only do they have to care about themselves but they also have to worry about their clients lives which I'm sure is pretty demanding. They are often on not far off minimum wage and often do this for their whole career from 18 to the age of 50+.

I've never heard of one of them complaining or under performing due to being "tired"...

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

I'm not calling footballers pampered #$@&%*! but I'm not not calling them that either...

What the eff are you talking about you weirdo? Get into the Ale House for hiking chat.

I've hill walked all over Europe but mainly in the UK for 15 - 20 years so I'm probably in a good position to compare a prolonged period of that activity to football. You do realise that hills/mountains go up the way and are often covered in large rocks and dirt tracks with 100m drops all over the place whereas football pitches are perfectly flat and are manicured to an extent that even Jordan's lady parts would be jealous right?

ArticleImageHandler.ashx

Go walk a hill

coming back down is optional

Last edited:
What the eff are you talking about you weirdo? Get into the Ale House for hiking chat.

Okay I'm pretty new around here and I didn't realise we weren't allowed to compare other sports to football when trying to establish whether the majority of footballers are absolute lightweights or not.

Okay I'm pretty new around here and I didn't realise we weren't allowed to compare other sports to football when trying to establish whether the majority of footballers are absolute lightweights or not.

It's OK mate, it's just the typical GOT welcome, happens to the best of us, I enjoyed the hiking reference even if I didn't quite agree with it.

I've played football. I've played football for amateur teams and my school back in the day.

Have you ever played football and/or hill walked?

I'm not talking about slowly walking up a little hill in the Lakes here. I'm talking banging up full on mountains in the Sierra Nevada.

At the top level a footballer playing a full 90 minutes match will run anywhere between 8–13km. Commonly, midfielders will run the greatest distance.

Over 90 minutes that is eff all.

6 hours in the Sierra Nevada requires way way way more energy.

As for training. You don't train a player who is reporting exhaustion so that they can't perform in their next game so I'm sure how that's hugely relevant here.
I see where your coming in terms of stamina. I went to see on business the developers who write the software and own the rights to the vests worn during training.

My days the stats are something else. Doing 100 percentage bursts are not same however as the above and requires another type of stamina all together which pro footballers require.

Covering miles and miles during 90 minutes I salute them. Injury's are going to happen end of but it's down to the medical and fitness coaches to ensure a proper warm down and close monitoring especially after match days

Good advice to anyone on here...
Read and learn.... Don't jump in too quick without a measured opinion. The predators are lurking..
On topic tho, a great manager will inspire his players and energy wont be a problem just an excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.