2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They knock off training after a few hours then play on Xbox and PlayStation for the rest of the day.

I guarantee that after 7 hours in the mountains carrying a 30kg pack and at my pace they would be crying for their mommas.

It's weird to talk about tiredness after only 90 minutes once every few days. Not even considering substitutions for some of them.

I've never played professional sports but I have done a lot of amateur sports and I've exerted myself a great deal more than that without too many ill effects. I presume I am/was nowhere near as fit as these highly paid professional sportsmen.

For example I've hill walked for between four and six hours a day in baking heat for seven days in a row in Spain and I felt like I could have played 90 minutes of football at the end of it no bother.

Perhaps it's emotional tiredness they suffer from? I'm sure I could overcome that for £100,000 a week mind you...

Comparing sports is not a problem mate, but this Soccerball thing we all love is a contact sport and it's not just about expending energy on the field by running about etc. When you start getting a forearm or elbow across the face or the back of the neck, studs down your calf, knee to your thigh, and pretty much clattered left and right during the game, it takes it out you and wears you down physically and mentally, and in turn fatigues the body far worse than just running and sprinting. Anyway, that's my take on whatever the hell you were all talking about... now, what do you all think about this Ancelotti fella? He seems like an Italian Sam Allardyce to me.

Its almost like endurance training and football training are 2 different things.

Are you a sports scientist with a PHD?

If so I bow to your greater knowledge.

There's going to be a way for me to establish the fact that some EPL players are pampered wimps for being tired from playing for 90 minutes every few days and it if cannot involve comparisons to hill walking and/or other endurance sports then so be it.

I know this guy who does volcano surfing...

Comparing sports is not a problem mate, but this Soccerball thing we all love is a contact sport and it's not just about expending energy on the field by running about etc. When you start getting a forearm or elbow across the face or the back of the neck, studs down your calf, knee to your thigh, and pretty much clattered left and right during the game, it takes it out you and wears you down physically and mentally, and in turn fatigues the body far worse than just running and sprinting. Anyway, that's my take on whatever the hell you were all talking about... now, what do you all think about this Ancelotti fella? He seems like an Italian Sam Allardyce to me.
I think what the OP was comparing is the mental rather than the physical aspect.

Professional footballers are pampered, they live in a luxury cocoon. When you’re in The mountains it’s about fitness but also more about hardship, fatigue and mental toughness.

A lot of these prima Donna footballers could benefit their game by improving their mental toughness.

A couple of days in the mountains with me would sort them out.

Are you a sports scientist with a PHD?

If so I bow to your greater knowledge.

There's going to be a way for me to establish the fact that some EPL players are pampered wimps for being tired from playing for 90 minutes every few days and it if cannot involve comparisons to hill walking and/or other endurance sports then so be it.

I know this guy who does volcano surfing...

I have an NVQ in business admin.

Im not even disagreeing that some players arent as fit as they should be.

I think what the OP was comparing is the mental rather than the physical aspect.

Professional footballers are pampered, they live in a luxury cocoon. When you’re in The mountains it’s about fitness but also more about hardship, fatigue and mental toughness.

A lot of these prima Donna footballers could benefit their game by improving their mental toughness.

Ten minutes in the sauna with Purple Aki would sort them out too.

This is like those daft videos comparing footballers wasting time feigning injury to cyclists hitting the deck at speed and getting up.

The part they miss is that there is a benefit to taking time out of the game and making the ref think twice in football... there isn't in cycling.

Would it entail a couple of days in the mountains like the lads from the film Deliverance ?

I’m still drinking since the announcement of Anne Cellotti and people are losing their heads over fitness and his ‘failures’ at other clubs.

Might need to get on the spice to read this thread fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.