2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only imminent concern is that the team are going to be nervous playing in front of Ancelloti on Boxing Day like they appeared to be when he was watching from the stands against Arsenal.

I know it is already posted but I am posting more readable version

EMi2GrEWsAAGCXO

My only imminent concern is that the team are going to be nervous playing in front of Ancelloti on Boxing Day like they appeared to be when he was watching from the stands against Arsenal.

I think that was more tiredness and the change of style from Slow Silva to pressing under Dunc. With that in mind there could be a few over surprises amongst the team.

I think that was more tiredness and the change of style from Slow Silva to pressing under Dunc. With that in mind there could be a few over surprises amongst the team.

It's weird to talk about tiredness after only 90 minutes once every few days. Not even considering substitutions for some of them.

I've never played professional sports but I have done a lot of amateur sports and I've exerted myself a great deal more than that without too many ill effects. I presume I am/was nowhere near as fit as these highly paid professional sportsmen.

For example I've hill walked for between four and six hours a day in baking heat for seven days in a row in Spain and I felt like I could have played 90 minutes of football at the end of it no bother.

Perhaps it's emotional tiredness they suffer from? I'm sure I could overcome that for £100,000 a week mind you...

It's weird to talk about tiredness after only 90 minutes once every few days. Not even considering substitutions for some of them.

I've never played professional sports but I have done a lot of amateur sports and I've exerted myself a great deal more than that without too many ill effects. I presume I am/was nowhere near as fit as these highly paid professional sportsmen.

For example I've hill walked for between four and six hours a day in baking heat for seven days in a row in Spain and I felt like I could have played 90 minutes of football at the end of it no bother.

Perhaps it's emotional tiredness they suffer from? I'm sure I could overcome that for £100,000 a week mind you...

I agree with the general meaning of what you say, but I couldn't hope to be able to understand fitness for supposedly elite-level sportsmen.

I'm just guessing here, but I wonder at times if the players psychological preparation for a game, if there is any, is up to scratch.

There seems to be an almost poisonous lethargy and trepidation about the team as a whole on far too many occasions, and I wonder if continously carrying that burden just creates a vicious circle, allowing for the fact we are a mediocre team with mediocre players by and large.

I once remember reading somewhere that succeeding took less energy than failing and I think there is more than a grain of truth in that statement.

I have seen 1000s of times in football the team winning 1-0 chasing the game more than the team losing, all other things equal.

They train nearly everyday.

This isnt hill walking, this is 90minutes of running, tackling and kicking a ball.

Cant believe what ive just read.

They train nearly everyday.

This isnt hill walking, this is 90minutes of running, tackling and kicking a ball.

Cant believe what ive just read.

I've played football. I've played football for amateur teams and my school back in the day.

Have you ever played football and/or hill walked?

I'm not talking about slowly walking up a little hill in the Lakes here. I'm talking banging up full on mountains in the Sierra Nevada.

At the top level a footballer playing a full 90 minutes match will run anywhere between 8–13km. Commonly, midfielders will run the greatest distance.

Over 90 minutes that is eff all.

6 hours in the Sierra Nevada requires way way way more energy.

As for training. You don't train a player who is reporting exhaustion so that they can't perform in their next game so I'm sure how that's hugely relevant here.

I've played football. I've played football for armature teams and my school back in the day.

Have you ever played football and/or hill walked?

I'm not talking about slowly walking up a little hill in the Lakes here. I'm talking full on mountains in the Sierra Nevada.

At the top level a footballer playing a full 90 minutes match will run anywhere between 8–13km. Commonly, midfielders will run the greatest distance.

Over 90 minutes that is eff all.

6 hours in the Sierra Nevada requires way way way more energy.

Yes ive played football, I played every day for about 25 years.

Ive also walked up hills, down hills, to Tesco and Asda.

What I havent done is played top-level football, so I have no idea how easy or hard that would be.

Come back when you have and you can tell us about something thats relevant rather than you walking around Spain once.

I agree with the general meaning of what you say, but I couldn't hope to be able to understand fitness for supposedly elite-level sportsmen.

I'm just guessing here, but I wonder at times if the players psychological preparation for a game, if there is any, is up to scratch.

There seems to be an almost poisonous lethargy and trepidation about the team as a whole on far too many occasions, and I wonder if continously carrying that burden just creates a vicious circle, allowing for the fact we are a mediocre team with mediocre players by and large.

I once remember reading somewhere that succeeding took less energy than failing and I think there is more than a grain of truth in that statement.

I have seen 1000s of times in football the team winning 1-0 chasing the game more than the team losing, all other things equal.

Thanks for the measured reply.

My post wasn't meant to be arrogant in any way. I'm more confused by it than anything else.

Basically just that have been an amateur punter sportsman not on £100,000 a week and I struggle to get my head round tiredness from a game in the EPL once every so often.

We have a huge squad with admittedly some injuries but we're not even in Europe this year.

I'm sure there must be a reason for this tiredness that I can't understand however.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.