2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is possibly true but do we keep him as our main man until he starts getting 20 goals per season. That could mean the next 2 or 3 seasons we will still struggle for goals while we are waiting for him to develop.

We still need a top quality striker to challenge the top six...

DCL will continue to develop & will play an important part in the team's endeavor to challenge the top six next season...

You’ve just listed 2 of his goals, one game we won 2-0 regardless and then Arsenal where most of our players could have scored.

Also, when did we sign Ronaldo Luis Nazario de Lima

Richarlison ... Brazil’s number 9 mate ... keep up.

I mentioned two goals off the top of my head , and him missing chances in games we manage to win anyway is besides the point as is “ most of our players could have scored “ against arsenal. I said his finishing is crap and that is true. If he misses 3 sitters and we win 1-0 does that mean his finishing isn’t crap?

He's only just 22 and physically got at least another 12 months of growing and building physicality, in some respects he is a boy playing against men as centre backs. His scoring record is much stronger for England youth teams were he will be more on a level footing physically. He needs at least another 12 months before we can assess what kind of finished article he will be. I agree we need another first choice striker with DCL competing with them for the first team spot, maybe not our first choice next season but getting plenty of game time to continue his development.He sis till in the most difficult transition of moving from youth to mens football.

That is possibly true but do we keep him as our main man until he starts getting 20 goals per season. That could mean the next 2 or 3 seasons we will still struggle for goals while we are waiting for him to develop.

And the season he hits 20 goals someone will bid for him and he will be off and we start again

The Blues man told Sky Sports : "There's been times in games where I've not been as clinical as I should be and you'd argue I should have put chances away.

"There have been times when I've slotted the ball in the back of the net and I think for me it's more of a confidence thing.

"If I pinpoint a moment which has triggered my form at the moment it's the Cardiff game, where I ran through and slotted it passed the keeper."

Calvert-Lewin has been performing well for England's U21 setup as other young players have seen themselves called up to the senior side already.

The likes of Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi have been prominent in the media in recent months, while the Everton man has slipped under the radar somewhat.

The striker believes that could be a benefit to him though, and he believes he is very close to making the step up to the senior England setup soon.

"Some lads burst on the scene with bags of ability. You get that attention and it can be a tough thing to deal with," Calvert-Lewin added.

"It kind of can be a blessing that I might have gone under the radar, it's allowed me to do my thing and focus on getting better.

"I think you look at the players getting into the England team now and there's some young lads in there, Jadon Sancho is flying at the moment.

"They deserve to be in there because they're all good players, and I honestly believe that I'm goals away from making that next step.

"It's everyone's dream to make that next step and get that recognition."

The Blues man told Sky Sports : "There's been times in games where I've not been as clinical as I should be and you'd argue I should have put chances away.

"There have been times when I've slotted the ball in the back of the net and I think for me it's more of a confidence thing.

"If I pinpoint a moment which has triggered my form at the moment it's the Cardiff game, where I ran through and slotted it passed the keeper."

Calvert-Lewin has been performing well for England's U21 setup as other young players have seen themselves called up to the senior side already.

The likes of Jadon Sancho and Callum Hudson-Odoi have been prominent in the media in recent months, while the Everton man has slipped under the radar somewhat.

The striker believes that could be a benefit to him though, and he believes he is very close to making the step up to the senior England setup soon.

"Some lads burst on the scene with bags of ability. You get that attention and it can be a tough thing to deal with," Calvert-Lewin added.

"It kind of can be a blessing that I might have gone under the radar, it's allowed me to do my thing and focus on getting better.

"I think you look at the players getting into the England team now and there's some young lads in there, Jadon Sancho is flying at the moment.

"They deserve to be in there because they're all good players, and I honestly believe that I'm goals away from making that next step.

"It's everyone's dream to make that next step and get that recognition."
Thanks for posting this, I was in someone’s house before and they watched this with the sound off.

Yeah I know. Right?

You want me to show all the chances he has missed?

His shot against westham last week was a nothing shot, hit the target but not anywhere near the corner. This is common for him, his goal against city wasn’t going in until Delph put it in the top corner, his 1 on 1 ( can’t remember who against) when his shot was weak and not in the corner , took a deflection over the keeper, his chance against arsenal when he could have squared for R9 at 0-0 and he didn’t shoot or pass when 1 on 1 , the list goes on mate. He seems to be a decent kid, who knows he’s lucky to be a footballer for a living, really down to earth and works hard and I like him for that, but, his finishing is way below what is required and that imo means he will never be good enough for where we want to be.

Never, and this is important, ever use R9 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.