2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying he should have banged it in but to not even hit the target from here? That annoyed me a little.
View attachment 56393

Yep I can agree with this.

Fair enough, looking at that I think he should’ve taken another touch and tried to draw the keeper out a bit more. But it was a great run to get in behind, the sort a striker needs to make 4 or 5 times a game just to get one chance.

DCL, haven't always been a fan, think he's got a lot to learn, but cant argue with his performance Saturday. One criticism of him tho, cut out these stupid Messi flicks, there were a few times he wants to be clever and put us under pressure by not keeping it simple. If he does his job, he's a good player, but he needs to keep controlled and his feet firmly on the floor. I sometimes wonder with DCL, a culture thing, if he already thinks he's a big time Charlie. He needs to work and learn and he will become a great player. If he starts to make it all about him, he will go the same way as many before. I'm not trying to be over critical, I'm trying to realistic. 2-0 first half and he's doing flash tricks, don't wanna see it.

Excellent performance Saturday. Still got to improve on the ball but in the last month he's contributed a lot and is starting to prove some of us who doubted him wrong.

DCL, haven't always been a fan, think he's got a lot to learn, but cant argue with his performance Saturday. One criticism of him tho, cut out these stupid Messi flicks, there were a few times he wants to be clever and put us under pressure by not keeping it simple. If he does his job, he's a good player, but he needs to keep controlled and his feet firmly on the floor. I sometimes wonder with DCL, a culture thing, if he already thinks he's a big time Charlie. He needs to work and learn and he will become a great player. If he starts to make it all about him, he will go the same way as many before. I'm not trying to be over critical, I'm trying to realistic. 2-0 first half and he's doing flash tricks, don't wanna see it.
While the flicks can be annoying on occasion, all I see is a young player who's obviously working very hard to improve his game.

I dont know if he he thinks he's a big time charlie more than any other young player. All of them who have some money, good looks and social media seem to come across a bit arrogant nowadays, but i don't really get that impression from him. Seems like he wants to work hard, and also there are younger or same age people as him who are in the full england squad, so he must know he's got a lot to do before he gets selected.

To be fair one of his flicks put it on a plate for Sigurdsson who couldn't convert from 5 yards out

MS:

“He is improving, he is growing and developing as a football player,” Silva said.

“I am happy because he is helping the team. He didn’t score against West Ham but he helped again with a good performance.

“In other moments he could have been more clinical, like our team, but I am really happy with him.

“Sometimes when you play with one striker he does not score but he can help the team in a different way, making one or two assists.

“It’s not because he scores or not. When I say to him ‘more clinical’ it’s sometimes the last decision, the last pass.

“Even if he does not score, [finding] the best solution for the team in the right moment.

“He has many things I like in a striker.

“He knows what I expect from him, to keep working hard, to keep developing. The goals will come for him, for sure.”

Status
Not open for further replies.