Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I'm getting depressed just thinking about going the match today. I just hate the experience now. I hate the drive. I hate getting soaked in the walk up to the ground. I hate the atmosphere and grown adults swearing and arguing with each other. But most of all I hate the football, the players + the management. I look forward to being back at home, warm and on my own. Only reason I'll renew is because I go with an elderly family member and don't want to let them down. It shouldn't be like this should it?

Hi mate, if you`re not enjoying it anymore why not try something else with your relative, maybe go and watch a lower league game - Marine, Southport or even go and watch a rugby match - Sale, Wigan / Saints etc.

You could always spin it, as " a break from the norm " as we have nothing to play for ?

My girlfriend moved in a week ago, and seems to have massively gone off me over the last 3-4 days. I know she suffers from anxiety so I’m not saying anything to her about it but it’s honestly the most severely depressed I’ve felt in about 3 years. Just feeling like a stranger in my own home has been really tough to take

When my missus moved in with me, I`d lived on my own for nine glorious years mate.

It was my house, with my things in it, set out how I wanted it to be.

The first few months were fractious to say the least, as I was still in the routine of a single man and it was a shock to the system having to think about someone else other than myself.

It`s a period of adjustment for you both mate, as it`s a totally new situation.

Give it time for things to work themselves out and for you both to adjust to the new situation that you find yourselves in.

When my missus moved in with me, I`d lived on my own for nine glorious years mate.

It was my house, with my things in it, set out how I wanted it to be.

The first few months were fractious to say the least, as I was still in the routine of a single man and it was a shock to the system having to think about someone else other than myself.

It`s a period of adjustment for you both mate, as it`s a totally new situation.

Give it time for things to work themselves out and for you both to adjust to the new situation that you find yourselves in.
Thanks mate, I appreciate it - nice to know there is light at the end of the tunnel

I think so - doesn’t help I’ve only just started a new job last Monday too, and was depressed already. I really just feel a bit lost for the most part though

Sounds like it's a time of major change for you. Job and home life, basically the 2 biggest elements of your life have changed drastically. Give it time mate. Hopefully things will feel better in a little while.

Hi mate, if you`re not enjoying it anymore why not try something else with your relative, maybe go and watch a lower league game - Marine, Southport or even go and watch a rugby match - Sale, Wigan / Saints etc.

You could always spin it, as " a break from the norm " as we have nothing to play for ?

Yeah good advice that mate cheers. Turns out today was a good occasion though lol

I found going to goodison a real struggle... packed pubs beforehand and going on the train rammed with people, it was like torture to be honest.. I only enjoyed a handful of games cos my anxiety was through the roof.. that's why I didn't re-new my season ticket really.

im hoping these meds will get rid of those horrible negative feelings that run through your head and make situations feel 1000 times worse than what they really are..

fair play to you for facing your demons head on …
To be honest football was one good point in my life, however nowadays it just makes me pretty depressed nowadays. The loss to Liverpool in December, brought me back to one the lowest points in my life. I don't think a lot these players understand just how much football means to a lot of people. When things are going wrong in life, football was something that made things better. I rarely go nowadays, in the past I would of gone to almost every game. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for your health at the time, if that means not going then fine.

To be honest football was one good point in my life, however nowadays it just makes me pretty depressed nowadays. The loss to Liverpool in December, brought me back to one the lowest points in my life. I don't think a lot these players understand just how much football means to a lot of people. When things are going wrong in life, football was something that made things better. I rarely go nowadays, in the past I would of gone to almost every game. Sometimes you just have to do what's best for your health at the time, if that means not going then fine.
They dont care about us
So i dont care about them

Thats how i think about it, am not letting a few rich men kicking a footy dictate my mood thats for sure

I haven't posted for a while but I'm really struggling at the moment with this divorce. I feel like my ex wife will push me over a cliff edge if I don't jump. She is just trapping me.
Try to stay positive.

One thing I suggest is something that I work on almost daily.

Just because she says something to make you mad, doesn't mean you have to react with anger. She can't make you angry, only you can control your emotions.

I know it's easy for me to say that, but it's the truth. And I still struggle to stay calm when someone is pissing me off, but if you practice controlling how you react to things, you will start to feel better. It just might take some time.

I can feel the dip coming for me now .
It doesn't be too bad but I know tomorrow and for a couple of days I will just feel like doing very little and avoiding people
I'm currently going thro a very bad spell, probly my worst yet. But stay positive and be sure to talk to family if you can.

I was feeling better but have picked up an Horrendous cough over the weekend.. Just can't seem to get right recently..

Your not on your own though mate. Pm me if you prefer