Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

YoboCopter

Player Valuation: £20m
Talk to your friends and loved ones every day, this way it would help lessen your anxiety and depression because you're focusing on talking to other people and not thinking excessively about your loneliness.
I take this to the extreme
Never off my phone ha ha

AUXLEN

Player Valuation: £750k
I'm going to post here, even though I'll be ashamed tomorrow...it's tough drawing breath, I self medicate too much and the Black Dog stalks me....yeah, I know I should get a grip.

chrismpw

All I ask is an empty road.
I'm going to post here, even though I'll be ashamed tomorrow...it's tough drawing breath, I self medicate too much and the Black Dog stalks me....yeah, I know I should get a grip.
Nothing to be ashamed of mate. Sometimes even the greatest grip weakens - there are people here to help you hold on.

Rob17896

Player Valuation: £25m
Yes you should. We all should but life is not that simple. Just remember you matter, to your friends, your family you matter. The country is screwed at the moment and people think their value is in income or power. That is crap. Depression is also a disease but we can't be bothered to invest enough in people who suffer. Just try to stay off self medication, it makes matters worse. Hold on because you matter to people like me and I don't even know you. The fact you are on an Everton site makes you incredible :)

Tipp blue

Player Valuation: £25m
I've been saying it for a long time, social media is a disaster for mental health, now it appears that young people presenting with mental illness will be asked about their social media use. I deleted my FB and Twitter accounts a year and a half ago and still feel great about it, I haven't had anxiety or even felt low since, one of the best decisions I ever made. I'm so happy without that distraction. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.the...sts-young-patients-social-media-mental-health

anjelikaferrett

Cats beer and Springsteen
Nothing to feel ashamed about. And don't feel that you have to "man up" "grow a pair" and ignore how you feel just because that's how men are supposed to be. The people on here are amazing, they will listen and do their best to help, reassure and offer sensible advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Everton Fan Media
Watch here
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks