• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dammit I meant got a team to Champions League and got to a Europe semi final.

Got distracted, my bad

Still, I like the look of him and the job he’s doing there, more how he has improved some of the players there rather then results, some mad formations, one to watch for me.

As you know I’d be firmly in the keep Silva camp

If you have to be told why any manager is better than Sam Allardyce I suggest Football isn’t for you. I’m guessing you didn’t have the misfortune to sit at GP and endure every one of his turgid, negative troll-feasts.

He won more points, he conceded less goals. He did not lose to average PL sides at home. I guess you enjoy getting destroyed by West Ham, Leicester and Wolves then? Or you could endure getting draw to Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford at GP? Clap clap clap anyway.

How on earth Silva is better than BFS at this stage? Middle finger to a certain style of play. Results is the only thing that matters.

And matches are boardcasted throughout the global live nowadays so it is not hard to figure out which manager got better results at GP.

At what point was "Watford fired Silva because Everton turned his head" replaced by "Watford sacked Silva because he's the worst manager ever" in the popular mythology?

The first was Ego. The second was the reality check.

Why tho Dave, your asking for people to give him time, based on what?

What qualities does he bring to the table?

SunDec
2​
2018​
PremALiverpoolL
0​
-​
1​
51,756​
WedDec
5​
2018​
PremHNewcastleD
1​
-​
1​
39,350​
Richarlison
MonDec
10​
2018​
PremHWatfordD
2​
-​
2​
38,400​
Richarlison Digne L
SatDec
15​
2018​
PremAMan CityL
1​
-​
3​
54,173​
Calvert-Lewin D
SunDec
23​
2018​
PremHTottenhamL
2​
-​
6​
39,319​
Walcott T Sigurdsson G
WedDec
26​
2018​
PremABurnleyW
5​
-​
1​
21,484​
Mina Y Digne L 2 Sigurdsson G (pen) Richarlison
SatDec
29​
2018​
PremABrightonL
0​
-​
1​
30,597​
TueJan
1​
2019​
Prem
H​
LeicesterL
0​
-​
1​
39,052​
SatJan
5​
2019​
FAC 3
H​
LincolnW
2​
-​
1​
37,900​
Lookman A Bernard
SunJan
13​
2019​
Prem
H​
BournemouthW
2​
-​
0​
38,113​
Zouma K Calvert-Lewin D
SatJan
19​
2018​
PremASouthamptonL
1​
-​
2​
29,989​
Sigurdsson G
SatJan
26​
2019​
FAC 4AMillwallL
2​
-​
3​
16,354​
Richarlison Tosun C
TueJan
29​
2019​
PremAHuddersfieldW
1​
-​
0​
23,699​
Richarlison
SatFeb
2​
2019​
PremHWolvesL
1​
-​
3​
39,380​
Gomes A
WedFeb
6​
2019​
PremHMan CityL
0​
-​
2​
39,322​
SatFeb
9​
2019​
PremAWatfordL
0​
-​
1​
20,333​
TueFeb
26​
2019​
PremACardiffW
3​
-​
0​
31,849​
Sigurdsson G 2 Calvert-Lewin D
SunMar
3​
2019​
PremHLiverpoolD
0​
-​
0​
39,335​

I mean my cat could get better results than that.
It's absolutely pathetic that actual Everton fans read that and then continue to make a case for him. Weirdo s

doubt he'll get sacked regardless where we finish, think he'll be given one more season ( unless things are going horrifically bad next season )

I do think he deserves to be sacked based on his performance ( can say all you want about transition, and having a load of crabs at the club but on paper our team is better than most in the league and he's not getting the most out of it )

however unless a top manager comes out and states he want the job I don't see the point of going and getting another jarg manager, give him 1 more window to see if he can change it around, because to be fair to them they have brought in good players lets see if they can do it again and change it around

he needs to volley keane and Walcott out of the club tho

doubt he'll get sacked regardless where we finish, think he'll be given one more season ( unless things are going horrifically bad next season )

I do think he deserves to be sacked based on his performance ( can say all you want about transition, and having a load of crabs at the club but on paper our team is better than most in the league and he's not getting the most out of it )

however unless a top manager comes out and states he want the job I don't see the point of going and getting another jarg manager, give him 1 more window to see if he can change it around, because to be fair to them they have brought in good players lets see if they can do it again and change it around

he needs to volley keane and Walcott out of the club tho

Finishing 8th-20th with this squad is horrifically wrong.

PS: the in votes gone up sharply in like 18 hours. Just out of interest how many of those are from newly registered users?

He won more points, he conceded less goals. He did not lose to average PL sides at home. I guess you enjoy getting destroyed by West Ham, Leicester and Wolves then? Or you could endure getting draw to Huddersfield, Newcastle and Watford at GP? Clap clap clap anyway.

How on earth Silva is better than BFS at this stage? Middle finger to a certain style of play. Results is the only thing that matters.

And matches are boardcasted throughout the global live nowadays so it is not hard to figure out which manager got better results at GP.

Results are the only thing that matter to YOU. Please try to remember that many fans have a love of the beautiful game as it is known and don't want to watch % football every week.

The last manager achieved very little and was not wanted and was booted out. Thank god.

The current manager is doing badly but was hired with long term in mind. It is harder to try to play football with a crap squad and new signings as I have said to you before. A harder task than parking the bus. So on that basis, with a harder task, he is 12pts off our points total of last season. If he gets to that point or close to it I think it's an average season but understandable given the mess we have been in for a while. Not good but understandable.

If you want immediate success with every manager that comes in you are going to be disappointed most of the time. He cannot change the way we play and they way Brands wants us playing for the coming seasons if he is just going to throw everything out the window and park the bus to get a few more results and points to keep some angry fans happy for now. That's short term thinking that has us in this mess.

I believe he will finish top 10 and I said at the start of the season I'd take that whilst he changes things, but next season it obviously has to look much better than this. As with his own players fully bedded in and hopefully more crap sold and more decent signings and an actual striker signed then obviously his task gets easier and more should be demanded.

At most....we let him go in the summer if we have another decent progressive manager lined up. The shouts for Jose Mancini or Conte are terrible as people are just not thinking when they call for them. Those managers demand top signings of the kind we will not be making for a few seasons at least. Those managers or old dinosaurs types like the last guy or Moyes are not what we need. If we boot out Silva it will be somebody from the same pool of promising but not quite proven managers, and I hope we choose wisely whether at end of this season or end of next season if Silva hasn't done the job.

Where's your long term thinking here? We are hamstrung by the signings and the wage bill left us by Koeman and Walsh, so people screaming for him to be sacked should be taking that into account and advise us what the plan is here? If our options for manager are all going to be some kind of gamble due to the situation we are in, are you going to look for all of them to be sacked if things don't go well right away?

I like the look of Hassenhuutti mind, but he’s essentially at the profile Silva was two seasons ago and 12 weeks into a job at this level.
Is that true, tho? Hassen’ did well in Germany, not just with RBL. I would have a lot more faith in a manager coming from the German league than the portuguese or greek, just because the level of football is much closer to the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.