• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly due to that we've still got some turd players in the squad and stability is needed to build on.

Cant press the reset button when the squad still has problems because they'll always be there.
This is the key point.
Is Newcastle a blip or a return to normal service?
Did Silva work them in those 17 days?...or was it a post lay off bounce
How the performances (rather than exclusively results) go until the end of the season should guide Moshiri and / or Brands to decide if he gets to start in Aug...and results will decide if he's still there in Nov.

Further than that...nobody can tell.

It's complete and utter madness to me the people who don't want change because "we can't sack managers all the time!".

WHY?? When they are shown to be utterly incompetent at their job, you sack them. How, on earth, does giving a crap manager do anything other than waste time when you know what the outcome is going to be? Marco's Premier League win % is right on par with where he is now with FAR better players. How does time and, presumably, money mean that is SOMEHOW going to magically improve?

People cant this now unless they said it when Sam was in charge, if we could get shut of him this poor replacement should have no chance

I think it might happen due to a very poor final league placing, we are currently 11th, I think that MIGHT be acceptable, due to all factors.

But if we drop any lower or get some proper spankings then im not sure how willing Moshiri will be to back his gamble.

8 games left, its in his hands at this point.

I mean Pickford is doing all this on his watch, you have to wonder how hes getting away with it.

Hes judged on results, they are far from good enough, Im all for giving time to people, so ive not once suggested he be sacked, but hes gonna have to be REALLY impressive in the remaining games for me not wanting him gone in May.
Pickford gets away it because he is Englands no1, he should'nt but he does. I think Silva may just last it out tbh, Mosh is going to look like a proper plum if he drops his main man after one season given the fuss he made going after him. If we are following a 'project' then i think he will ride it out a bit longer yet.

I think it might happen due to a very poor final league placing, we are currently 11th, I think that MIGHT be acceptable, due to all factors.

But if we drop any lower or get some proper spankings then im not sure how willing Moshiri will be to back his gamble.

I mean Pickford is doing all this on his watch, you have to wonder how hes getting away with it.

Hes judged on results, they are far from good enough, Im all for giving time to people, so ive not once suggested he be sacked, but hes gonna have to be REALLY impressive in the remaining games for me not wanting him gone in May.

tbf pickford is the only player who's actually kept his place despite poor performances. I'm sure if stek wasn't the other option he'd have been dropped. I do like how silva has made it clear that no player is safe in the team, as shown by richarlison and gomes being dropped ... sort of.

Any other team, and that would make the useless twits actually play better, but with us they all seem to do well coming off the bench, get given a start or two and go to being crap again and it's been one massive circle all season.

Pickford gets away it because he is Englands no1, he should'nt but he does. I think Silva may just last it out tbh, Mosh is going to look like a proper plum if he drops his main man after one season given the fuss he made going after him. If we are following a 'project' then i think he will ride it out a bit longer yet.

I think if the season ended today I agree.

But we have 8 games left and we also have scope for dropping down the table.

So whilst I think 11th would be bad, I dont think it will be trigger pressing bad, but any lower and im not sure.

I think he at least needs top 10 to enjoy his Summer myself, 11th or lower and I suspect he will crap himself everytime his phone rings.

I dont think you have the weight of the situation, tbh, We wont finish any worse than this anyway like, but I think Brands being in place takes away the lever from the carpetbagger and a rash decision.

Brands knows Silva's been playing with a poor deck handed to him. He knows also that another manager in and under pressure...because they will be with the sell to buy regime now firmly in place...means he'll be seen as contributing to the problem.

tbf pickford is the only player who's actually kept his place despite poor performances. I'm sure if stek wasn't the other option he'd have been dropped. I do like how silva has made it clear that no player is safe in the team, as shown by richarlison and gomes being dropped ... sort of.

Any other team, and that would make the useless twits actually play better, but with us they all seem to do well coming off the bench, get given a start or two and go to being crap again and it's been one massive circle all season.

I got no beef with Pickford, im unhappy with his attitude but hes still the best Keeper at the club.

I just wanted to back dave into a corner.

I got no beef with Pickford, im unhappy with his attitude but hes still the best Keeper at the club.

I just wanted to back dave into a corner.

same here, he annoyed me on saturday as (i didn't bother going into the match thread because i know what it'll be like) we actually played well. But he did pretty much single handily cost us all 3 points, but hey, i try not to blame individuals in this team, it's pointless, they're all bloody costing us wins with crap finishing and abysmal defending.

He's definitely won us more points than he's lost us, he's just had a crap season off the back of a good world cup. He'll go away in the summer, get used to his son, have a break and come back firing next season, i don't see us being able to get a much better keeper so it's pointless getting too worked up, get him some more protection and he'd be viewed a lot more differently.

.... except on here because if one clearance goes out of touch he goes down to a 5/10.

I dont think you have the weight of the situation, tbh, We wont finish any worse than this anyway like, but I think Brands being in place takes away the lever from the carpetbagger and a rash decision.

Brands knows Silva's been playing with a poor deck handed to him. He knows also that another manager in and under pressure...because they will be with the sell to buy regime now firmly in place...means he'll be seen as contributing to the problem.
But we aren't in a sell to buy situation. Not by a long shot.

We are in a sell to improve situation. We have so much dead weight in the squad that we can't improve until they go.

So for arguements sake we get rid of around 5-6 players this summer and replace them with younger better players. That's improvement. It will just take several years because if the Walsh effect at the club.

But we aren't in a sell to buy situation. Not by a long shot.

We are in a sell to improve situation. We have so much dead weight in the squad that we can't improve until they go.

So for arguements sake we get rid of around 5-6 players this summer and replace them with younger better players. That's improvement. It will just take several years because if the Walsh effect at the club.
That's just sophistry.

It's like someone saying they're downsizing.

So you agree the current defence is better than the BFS’s era? And based on what really pal? Come on Coybl25 at least say the reason why you believe conceding less goals does not mean having a better arrangement and ability when organising a defence?

If you have to be told why any manager is better than Sam Allardyce I suggest Football isn’t for you. I’m guessing you didn’t have the misfortune to sit at GP and endure every one of his turgid, negative troll-feasts.

This squad is so much better then the ones Sam and Koeman had, we should be doing better, but we're not for a reason, its not the deck but the shark trying to play it.

Brands + Silva is the only source of stability.

Imagine Brands sacks Silva at the end of the season for finishing midtable after the mess he inherited? The whole point of bringing Brands in will be shredded. He's here to provide stability - and then seamless transition when a coach departs. It would be an utter car crash if Brands sacked Silva after a season living with Brands' plan. If that happened I'd know we hired a complete 'kin dud who was just here for a massive pay day.

I dont believe he'll do that. He'll back Silva. Anyone who knows football can see the rubbish the manager deals with - inherited rubbish like Pickford - and has had one transfer window alone when he should have been backed in January. Brands knows all that. He can see that, despite it all, there is the green shoots to recovery that need nurturing not stamping on.

Pretty much all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.