• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finishing 8th-20th with this squad is horrifically wrong.

PS: the in votes gone up sharply in like 18 hours. Just out of interest how many of those are from newly registered users?
I still haven't voted. He's getting the season regardless of what we think. We might as well support him and hopefully he will justify that support.

It's next season that's going to be crunch time for him. The big questions are what does he need to do before Christmas to justify him staying in control, and then what does he need to accomplish by the end of next season to justify being in charge for a third season.

I'm not saying I'm whistling away as happy as Larry about the current level of performance, and it's not easy being a blue, but he does need more time to turn things around and I don't see the benefit in replacing him unless there's some stellar appointment on the cards, which I severely doubt.

Finishing 8th-20th with this squad is horrifically wrong.

PS: the in votes gone up sharply in like 18 hours. Just out of interest how many of those are from newly registered users?

I mean I'm not sure, what silva has on his side is he's not koeman or allardyce, I ( and most others ) absolutely despised them 2 for different reasons, koeman was just a fat balloon head who wasn't arsed he just wanted to use us a stepping stone and allardyce is just a fat mess and a cancer to football anyway

he's a manager you want to do well as he's not a bad helmet, but just don't know if he's good enough, certainly isn't learning from his mistakes at the moment

Is that true, tho? Hassen’ did well in Germany, not just with RBL. I would have a lot more faith in a manager coming from the German league than the portuguese or greek, just because the level of football is much closer to the PL.

I think its a matter of opinion really rather then truth. I suppose Mourhino hasn't done so bad all in.

Brands will decide what happens with Silva. Personally I think he will acknowledge the position based on more than just the teams performance and where we finish.

Silva in my eyes will need to feedback to Silva his findings so that Brands can work out if he’s suited to the long term with us.

I mean I'm not sure, what silva has on his side is he's not koeman or allardyce, I ( and most others ) absolutely despised them 2 for different reasons, koeman was just a fat balloon head who wasn't arsed he just wanted to use us a stepping stone and allardyce is just a fat mess and a cancer to football anyway

he's a manager you want to do well as he's not a bad helmet, but just don't know if he's good enough, certainly isn't learning from his mistakes at the moment

With respect, Silva may have solutions but we just don’t have them within our personnel at the moment.

Brands will decide what happens with Silva. Personally I think he will acknowledge the position based on more than just the teams performance and where we finish.

Silva in my eyes will need to feedback to Silva his findings so that Brands can work out if he’s suited to the long term with us.

Will probably depend on where they both see the problems sitting. If they’re legacy problems and Silva has identified solutions then Brands might remain patient. If they’re problems of his own making and no solutions are forthcoming then there could be action. What’s undeniable is that we’ve been equally as crap if not more so for the most part of the last 5 years.

Is that true, tho? Hassen’ did well in Germany, not just with RBL. I would have a lot more faith in a manager coming from the German league than the portuguese or greek, just because the level of football is much closer to the PL.

Not convinced personally.

Seems to be another '' flavour of the month" manager.

Southampton were 18th when they sacked Mark Hughes, they are now 16th, 2 points off the drop.

Knocked out at home by Derby in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

I havent seen anything from Southampton's style of play, improving league position, that makes me think Hassenhuttl is any better than what we have.

Not convinced personally.

Seems to be another '' flavour of the month" manager.

Southampton were 18th when they sacked Mark Hughes, they are now 16th, 2 points off the drop.

Knocked out at home by Derby in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

I havent seen anything from Southampton's style of play, improving league position, that makes me think Hassenhuttl is any better than what we have.
He is performing better than the previous manager with the same squad tho, our manager is doing worse with a better squad than his predecessor.

Not arguing for bringing him btw, just an interessting topic. Just like with Silva, we wont know what he’s capable of in this league until he’s got his own squad and a season or two to drill them.

Results are the only thing that matter to YOU. Please try to remember that many fans have a love of the beautiful game as it is known and don't want to watch % football every week.

The last manager achieved very little and was not wanted and was booted out. Thank god.

The current manager is doing badly but was hired with long term in mind. It is harder to try to play football with a crap squad and new signings as I have said to you before. A harder task than parking the bus. So on that basis, with a harder task, he is 12pts off our points total of last season. If he gets to that point or close to it I think it's an average season but understandable given the mess we have been in for a while. Not good but understandable.

If you want immediate success with every manager that comes in you are going to be disappointed most of the time. He cannot change the way we play and they way Brands wants us playing for the coming seasons if he is just going to throw everything out the window and park the bus to get a few more results and points to keep some angry fans happy for now. That's short term thinking that has us in this mess.

I believe he will finish top 10 and I said at the start of the season I'd take that whilst he changes things, but next season it obviously has to look much better than this. As with his own players fully bedded in and hopefully more crap sold and more decent signings and an actual striker signed then obviously his task gets easier and more should be demanded.

At most....we let him go in the summer if we have another decent progressive manager lined up. The shouts for Jose Mancini or Conte are terrible as people are just not thinking when they call for them. Those managers demand top signings of the kind we will not be making for a few seasons at least. Those managers or old dinosaurs types like the last guy or Moyes are not what we need. If we boot out Silva it will be somebody from the same pool of promising but not quite proven managers, and I hope we choose wisely whether at end of this season or end of next season if Silva hasn't done the job.

Where's your long term thinking here? We are hamstrung by the signings and the wage bill left us by Koeman and Walsh, so people screaming for him to be sacked should be taking that into account and advise us what the plan is here? If our options for manager are all going to be some kind of gamble due to the situation we are in, are you going to look for all of them to be sacked if things don't go well right away?

The only beautiful game is to get points and win matches. Middle finger to tippy tappy football for the sake of it.

I believe he is not the right appointment at the time because he has no credential to suggest he is the right candidate. His winning rate in this country is low 30s, whether managing at Hull, Watford or now at Everton.

As I have said this for numerous times, I don’t expect instant success but I expect he can do the basic that is to setup a defence and to beat most average sides at home not draw and lost to them. To get 7th place comfortably strictly speaking.

I also don’t buy this “long term plan” and “short term thinking” excuses. What exactly do you see in him for making a so-called long term plan other than signing relatively younger players? How on earth a certain style is rated above another style when you are struggled to win a football game when you play a team above you? We haven’t beaten a football team above us except the Leicester away game.

Some fans do have discrimination on aging (50s up) manager. I don’t understand why the manager has to be a younger one. Is that matter if one old manager can win games?

I would like to see the club challenging the top 6 when the new stadium is in used. Winning a cup would be some achievement for any moment.

Last edited:
I still haven't voted. He's getting the season regardless of what we think. We might as well support him and hopefully he will justify that support.

It's next season that's going to be crunch time for him. The big questions are what does he need to do before Christmas to justify him staying in control, and then what does he need to accomplish by the end of next season to justify being in charge for a third season.

I'm not saying I'm whistling away as happy as Larry about the current level of performance, and it's not easy being a blue, but he does need more time to turn things around and I don't see the benefit in replacing him unless there's some stellar appointment on the cards, which I severely doubt.

Given the past history in the PL era, you are correct.

He will get the fans to his side as long as he can lead the club to beat the like in Wolves and West Ham at home. I believe this is the basic thing he must do. The margins between the 7th best team and the top 6 will then need time and signings to sort out.

Status
Not open for further replies.