Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it’s Operation Don’t Spend For The Sake Of It.

At the end of the day though, constantly signing players isn’t right, there has to be a level of coaching players to improve.

So far I’ve seen no one improve under Silva.
If Brands is fit for purpose, this shouldn't be a concern anymore. I would expect all signings to fit into whatever vision he has for how the team will play, regardless of how much they cost.

The club is carrying far too many technically limited players, and will continue to struggle unless that's addressed in the summer.

If Brands is fit for purpose, this shouldn't be a concern anymore. I would expect all signings to fit into whatever vision he has for how the team will play, regardless of how much they cost.

The club is carrying far too many technically limited players, and will continue to struggle unless that's addressed in the summer.

I’d disagree with you on that a bit mate, I think we have plenty of technical players, we need more physicality, leadership, drive and committed players.

The squad is powder puff in those qualities, we have some technically brilliant players, you can’t unlock that unless you provide a foundation to play, you do that by winning battles, not being bullied and competing and winning a foundation to play.

For example we don’t win the FA cup without Ebbrels and Parkinson’s, we don’t qualify for the CL without Carsleys and Gravesons. This team has no engine, edge, leadership, physicality or players of that commitment.

My opinion mind, technically gifted players aren’t our problem.

Last edited:

Enough nonsense. We need young,technical, cheap players that can only be found in Brazil, Holland, and Spain. The very reason Marcel Brands was brought in for.

Enough buying players that have had half a decent season previously ie Keane,Mina etc..

That model don't work

Looks like Bale will be free in the summer. Make it happen Brands. :hayee:
Slightly off topic I know, however I really didn't know he was that disliked at Real. His statistics aren't bad either: over 0.5 goals per game in La Liga; 0.28 in CL.

Don’t expect us to sign any top class striker.... please see the echo.

I give up, are we even ambitious?
Piece in question
To be fair I kind of agree with a lot of this although we need another striker but the piece does say he wants a young striker like Richarlison who can play in multiple positions, I think to turn from buying overpriced nonsense like Tosun/Ramierez (wages are like 120k a week???) to buying young players is a good model if you get the players bang on. Let's be honest a 50 million pound striker wouldn't fix this team anyway, We're hardly slotting through ball to DCL/Richarlison every week.

Piece in question
To be fair I kind of agree with a lot of this although we need another striker but the piece does say he wants a young striker like Richarlison who can play in multiple positions, I think to turn from buying overpriced nonsense like Tosun/Ramierez (wages are like 120k a week???) to buying young players is a good model if you get the players bang on. Let's be honest a 50 million pound striker wouldn't fix this team anyway, We're hardly slotting through ball to DCL/Richarlison every week.

It’s a weird article and out of the blue. The quotes used are old now; like months back. Not sure if it’s been regurgitated for lack of news or the club want the point reiterating.

It’s a weird article and out of the blue. The quotes used are old now; like months back. Not sure if it’s been regurgitated for lack of news or the club want the point reiterating.
They also posted this which uses the same quote as the first article I think they just want the point reiterating, I don't see Brands chopping and changing the model he wants Everton to use because of 1 season.

They also posted this which uses the same quote as the first article I think they just want the point reiterating, I don't see Brands chopping and changing the model he wants Everton to use because of 1 season.

Yeh checked before and quotes were from December. I mean I’m all for it. Someone above suggested it doesn’t show ambition but we’ve tried to show ambition and it clearly hasn’t worked.

10+ goals from Richarlison, DCL, Sig and another. Maybe get Lookman and Bernard firing. It’s a lot of goals.

If Moshiri is stopping the spending, then he might as well sell the club. What's the point?

We've had austerity under Kenwright and we had no trophies then, either.

Starting to sound like a Randy Lerner situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.