• Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of thoughts...

...if Brands and Mino Raiola still have their wonderful relationship, I thought Hirving Lozano was one of his guys, as is my favorite young, underrated and underutilized RB, Kenny Tete.

I am also all about signing younger players, but I can't help but think we need an older, mature, organized CB to play with Mina and possibly Keane - who isn't going anywhere even though I'm not a fan.

I'm going to be the optimist on this board today for some reason. We simply still have too many players that are simply physically underwhelming and poor decision makers. Be nice if they had some balls, too. But I think we can turn this around, not entirely this summer, but could be a good team come next year.

Brands. I do believe the players we brought in here solid in the summer. Bernard and Digne are wonderful, Richy has some things to work on, but the kid can score. I actually think Mina is going to be good, although he's still pretty raw.

Sales. I know we might have to eat some salary, but between Cenk / Scheiderlin / Walcott / McCarthy / Mirallas / Besic / Bolasie / Sandro / Jags / Baines / Niasse / Williams / Martina, that's probably 800K a week in salary right there in total. I don't think we could get more than 50M in sales out of that crew, but that's not nothing. We could also sell Lookman, Vlasic, Onyenkuru for quite a bit if Brands doesn't like them.

Mosh. Our net spends have been around 80-90M the last two years. Mix in 50M in sales and the massive amount of salary we will dump, even by supplementing salaries to create sales, and our total spend could be 150M. A lot can be bought for 150M and that doesn't assume sales of our young players.

Experience. I think it's also very helpful that Brands will have seen this team play for an entire year now. It should be pretty obvious to him how poor some of our players are not just in a Silva managed squad, but in any modern team. That can't hurt.

To me, if we can spend 150M, that's enough to at least get in a couple of CMs/DMs, a RB, a CB, and an attacking player, either out Right or as a CF, even by loan. So I think we can expect this team to be a LOT better than this years.

Agree with most of what you say, however, the biggest stumbling block we have is shifting the highlighted dross above.

I think Besic may go to boro but only for a nominal fee, the rest? I think we will once again struggle to offload, which as you rightly say, will severely impede our spending power in the summer.

Unfortunatley we are now paying the penalty of paying big fee's and big wages for bang average players.

Summer prioity has to be to get that defence sorted. Yes we need a striker but, we can't hold a lead when we get one. We could do with natural leaders too.

Status
Not open for further replies.