Niasse
Besic
Pennington
Schneiderlin (what?! I can’t forget!)
Keane
Walcott
Tosun
And now Pickford that need booting.

I’ve let most of the young player off and feel like I’ve forgotten some people too.

Add that Gana literally wants out anyway.

Hate us.

And not entirely impossible Ijj that Sandro Schneiderlin Miralles Bolasie and Niasse are still our players next season and for the rest of their contract

Which totally screws their planning for incomings I would imagine

The outgoings will again be more important than the incomings this next window

And not entirely impossible Ijj that Sandro Schneiderlin Miralles Bolasie and Niasse are still our players next season and for the rest of their contract

You can always move them if you are willing to eat salary. Baines / Jags / Williams are up after this year. Mirallas / Bolasie / Tarashaj / Martina / Garbutt / Niasse after next year. So there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

The list is now:
Mirallas
McCarthy
Bolasie
Martina
Vlasic
Sandro
Niasse
Besic
Pennington
Keane
Walcott
Tosun

I’ve let most of the young player off and feel like I’ve forgotten some people too.

Hate us.

I probably don’t agree with every name on that list myself, but that’s irrelevant in some ways. What is shocking is that most of us reading that not so short list, mentally nodded. Agree, forgot about him, yep, definitely......for me Keane has done enough to say he offers more than many of the others, but that’s not saying he’s good enough. Add that little let’s weekly wage and then consider yourself as a J Williams, Feeney, Dowell, Lookman or even a Baningime. Am I that far behind these?

The difference is probably minimal in terms of ability but shows the problem we face. We have probably 10 former first teasers not considered good enough. That’s some baggage that has to be sorted .....be another big summer where we have to clear the past before we can consider the future. It won’t be easy.

I probably don’t agree with every name on that list myself, but that’s irrelevant in some ways. What is shocking is that most of us reading that not so short list, mentally nodded. Agree, forgot about him, yep, definitely......for me Keane has done enough to say he offers more than many of the others, but that’s not saying he’s good enough. Add that little let’s weekly wage and then consider yourself as a J Williams, Feeney, Dowell, Lookman or even a Baningime. Am I that far behind these?

The difference is probably minimal in terms of ability but shows the problem we face. We have probably 10 former first teasers not considered good enough. That’s some baggage that has to be sorted .....be another big summer where we have to clear the past before we can consider the future. It won’t be easy.

Indeed. We’d probably all have a slightly different list of players but the actual problem is the same.

I suspect we’ve got a plan in place for an eventuality where we can’t shift the deadwood.

Butland is still at Stoke isn't he?
Srteady keeper, still young and not prone to Gazza like tendencies of sticking his tongue out and getting over excited

Read and see so many lists who we are not going to sign in the summer.

Most important signing in the summer is a captain, we haven’t had an effective one since Pip Neville and he was a shocking footballer.

So we need to put everything else on the back burner until we find one.

Who? I have no idea??

The list is now:
Mirallas
McCarthy
Bolasie
Martina
Vlasic
Sandro
Niasse
Besic
Pennington
Keane
Walcott
Tosun

Hate us.
Yet people still demand and expect us to be challenging the top 6 with that load of guff.

We are where we deserve to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.