Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh checked before and quotes were from December. I mean I’m all for it. Someone above suggested it doesn’t show ambition but we’ve tried to show ambition and it clearly hasn’t worked.

10+ goals from Richarlison, DCL, Sig and another. Maybe get Lookman and Bernard firing. It’s a lot of goals.
Selling: Lukaku, Stones and Barkley wasn't ambitious.

If Moshiri is stopping the spending, then he might as well sell the club. What's the point?

We've had austerity under Kenwright and we had no trophies then, either.

Starting to sound like a Randy Lerner situation.
Come in, waste all the TV revenues and more, set the team back 5 years...

Leave

Sounds about right.

Let's just hope we get left in the premiership

If Moshiri is stopping the spending, then he might as well sell the club. What's the point?

We've had austerity under Kenwright and we had no trophies then, either.

Starting to sound like a Randy Lerner situation.
Who said Moshiri is stopping the spending? The quotes said Brands doesn't want to spend big money on a striker when we have DCL/Richarlison who are young an upcoming players to ruin their futures.

Interesting reading for the Gana & Gomes lovers.

Who said Moshiri is stopping the spending? The quotes said Brands doesn't want to spend big money on a striker when we have DCL/Richarlison who are young an upcoming players to ruin their futures.
The club have been sending out little snippets of information that the spending days are over. It’s practically every other month now.

What about Everton’s future being ruined? You think we’re going to be able to compete with just them two supplying the goals? Not to mention DCL is bang average.

The club have been sending out little snippets of information that the spending days are over. It’s practically every other month now.

What about Everton’s future being ruined? You think we’re going to be able to compete with just them two supplying the goals? Not to mention DCL is bang average.
Moshiri allowing Koeman/Walsh to spend so much got us into this mess, Buying a 50m striker does not fix this team at all.
You don't need to spend big to compete and that's a fact, You need to spend wisely.
I don't blame Moshiri for holding back on the spending we've got about 30-40 players on the books who are absolute gash and you want him to spend more? Absolute crazy talk. DCL is better than average he can hopefully turn into a talent.

Moshiri allowing Koeman/Walsh to spend so much got us into this mess, Buying a 50m striker does not fix this team at all.
You don't need to spend big to compete and that's a fact, You need to spend wisely.
I don't blame Moshiri for holding back on the spending we've got about 30-40 players on the books who are absolute gash and you want him to spend more? Absolute crazy talk. DCL is better than average he can hopefully turn into a talent.
Of course you need to spend big to compete. Who are the teams winning all of the trophies?

If we don’t spendbto improve the squad, we’ll be involved in a relegation battle next season, especially if Silva is kept on as manager.

Think about Everton’s future if we carry on recklessly spending and trying to ignore FFP. I swear some of you think Everton is just the team on the pitch and not a giant organisation that could eventually go under.

This. We need to be offloading 50% of the squad as a matter of urgency. That's not even exaggerating. Stekelenberg, Jagielka, Galloway, Pennington, Garbutt, Besic, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Mirallas, Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun, Niasse, Sandro. 14 players.

Signing Gomes should be first on the agenda when it comes to getting new players in.

Then we need to fill in the gaps, as you say, smartly. A new starting centre back to push Keane to the bench and play alongside Mina. A starting striker. A new and improved right back to push Coleman to the bench. That essentially gives us a very strong starting XI:

Pickford (arguably, if he can get his head right); NEW RB, NEW CB, Mina, Digne, Gueye, Gomes, Bernard, Sigurdsson, Richarlison, NEW ST.

Obviously we need more though. It's not good enough to have Davies, Keane, Baningime, DCL, Lookman, Virginia, Baines, Kenny as our backup. A second challenging ST must be brought in, plus a new CM and arguably somebody to challenge and push Sigurdsson.

I make it 14 out, 5 in. Squad size of about 22. Seeing as we'll mostly have one game a week, that ought to be more than enough.

We're in a massive mess though, that's for sure.

To be fair, the devil will be in the detail there.

That's a Barca fan who tend to relish Gomes being poor.

If the comparison fair?

How many games/minutes have they played together?
I think he’s more an Everton fan to be fair, most of his tweets are Everton related.

I will be disappointed if them 2 start in our midfield next season, all about opinions though.

This. We need to be offloading 50% of the squad as a matter of urgency. That's not even exaggerating. Stekelenberg, Jagielka, Galloway, Pennington, Garbutt, Besic, Schneiderlin, McCarthy, Mirallas, Bolasie, Walcott, Tosun, Niasse, Sandro. 14 players.

11 of those players are the same we have been trying to shift for the past 18 months without success.

What makes anybody think that clubs are going to be queuing up this year to take them?

Has any single one of them had a season to remember?

Has any single one of them made such an impression to their loan clubs that bids will come flying in for them?

Bolassie, Tosun, Sandro and Walcott will not be in any hurry to ditch the mega money they are on here.

The ones that do leave will be sold for nominal fees to get them off our books.

I dont think you do need to spend big to compete , i think you need to spend strategically. Chelsea, City and United of recent years have spent big.

Teams like Liecster, Spurs, Liverpool, Arsenal and United have invested. They backed their judgement and signed players virtually unknown or unknown in this country and they have doubled in price. You pay nothing when you incest in a player and his price doubles. In those terms transfer fees become irrelevant.

We saw it during the Moyes years. But low, get the best out of the player, sell high.

We were one of the best at it not so long ago, remember every year about 5 seasons ago finishing ahead of Spurs. How we have regressed since Moyes left.
My main though, that in our recent history its not about what you spend, its on who and their worth as investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.