Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

I was given levomepromazine as a new anxiety med to take to aid sleep. I took one last night and I feel awful now . Literally cannot wake myself up properly. I’ve showered , took the dog the park listened to podcasts and I still feel like crap .

That’s another medication that I’ll be avoiding .

I had a good sleep tbf but the dreams of it were crazy and felt real. But I feel like I need another 10 hours kip .

I was given levomepromazine as a new anxiety med to take to aid sleep. I took one last night and I feel awful now . Literally cannot wake myself up properly. I’ve showered , took the dog the park listened to podcasts and I still feel like crap .

I had a good sleep tbf but the dreams of it were crazy and felt real. But I feel like I need another 10 hours kip .
I've had similar problems with sleep meds mate. I don't bother with them any more. I'd rather just not sleep, at least it gives me more time in my day to do stuff lol

Maybe speak to your GP, as there may be a bedding in period before they work effectively ?

As you know, sometimes you have to go through some difficult stuff before they start working.

Just back in Ireland from my uncles funeral. He was in London since 1957.
Nice service and that. But left me feeling down. Not so much the bereavement but all his family celebrating his life and that. Felt a bit alone in the sense that I have no partner or kids and it's something I miss having. I'm not old but just thing that ship has sailed for me. The kids bit anyway.

I’ve been on citalopram for about two years now, I’d say the first 12 months made me feel numb, and I didn’t think they worked. I gained loads of weight as a result of the increase in appetite for whatever reason, the second twelve months have destroyed my appetite and I sleep like a log, 12hrs and I still are up feeling like sh!t. Still tired, and yet able to operate as a normal human, and that’s good enough for me.

I’ve been on citalopram for about two years now, I’d say the first 12 months made me feel numb, and I didn’t think they worked. I gained loads of weight as a result of the increase in appetite for whatever reason, the second twelve months have destroyed my appetite and I sleep like a log, 12hrs and I still are up feeling like sh!t. Still tired, and yet able to operate as a normal human, and that’s good enough for me.
I've read some reviews online, but not sure which to believe etc..

Good to hear a real life version.

What dose are you on mate?

I've only been on them a week but feel light headed for a couple hours after taking it. 20mg

I've only been on them a week but feel light headed for a couple hours after taking it. 20mg
20mg, they have turned me into an emotionless zombie tbh. Wish I’d never taken them, they have removed my constant anger and frustrations and replaced them with “meh”.

I was on 20mg and then 40mg and found they made me feel tired an hour or so after taking them for the first week, then that passed and they worked really well for me, no other side effects and helped the invasive anxious thoughts which helped me get a lot of stuff sorted.

I guess @Bryan goes to show though that they effect people in different ways so just monitor it and take advice from the GP and see how it goes then tweak the dosage or change the medication on their advice.