Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....they score more than anybody else from set pieces, we concede more than anybody else from set pieces. Set pieces are a concern.

Vvd is the main problem from set pieces, we must Mark him & block him...

We must defend well & not dive in, stay on our feet & battle a clean sheet is required...

Chances will come & if we can put one away & take the lead...

What worries me is I hope Silva doesn’t think that team that played the other night should play on Sunday against them clowns.

Otherwise the game will be over in half an hour

Remember the days when form went out the window on derby games????? Long gone them

Didn’t really happen much even back in the day did it , it’s a popular expression but generally the better team won and for a long term that’s been them . I’m just hoping our result midweek , maybe some slight nerves for them and a angry goodison might swing it our way .

I wish the AGM had been scheduled for tomorrow or Friday because it would have given us all a real lift heading into this fixture. But hopefully , some of the euphoria of this year's event still percolates, and this, coupled with our fabulous performance vs Cardiff, will instill massive confidence into our lion-hearts as they engage with a foe who will be feeling a little down after only beating an awful Watford rabble by 5 flukey goals.
Hopefully Eton Dom starts for us...he is in scintillating scoring form at present and will cause the RS's shaky defence all sorts of bother, especially with Seamus (the PL's best deliverer of a ball into the box) providing him plenty of ammo.
Man for man, we should win this comfortably; a lot depends on the mental strength of our lion-hearts...and their historical record at handling pressure suggests this will not be an issue.
So, in summary: if Marco can engender in the lion-hearts some of the post AGM buzz that emanated around the club, we are all in for a celebratory upcoming weekend.

Lion Hearts 2 (Eton Dom and Schneids to score) Devil Spawn 0.

I wish the AGM had been scheduled for tomorrow or Friday because it would have given us all a real lift heading into this fixture. But hopefully , some of the euphoria of this year's event still percolates, and this, coupled with our fabulous performance vs Cardiff, will instill massive confidence into our lion-hearts as they engage with a foe who will be feeling a little down after only beating an awful Watford rabble by 5 flukey goals.
Hopefully Eton Dom starts for us...he is in scintillating scoring form at present and will cause the RS's shaky defence all sorts of bother, especially with Seamus (the PL's best deliverer of a ball into the box) providing him plenty of ammo.
Man for man, we should win this comfortably; a lot depends on the mental strength of our lion-hearts...and their historical record at handling pressure suggests this will not be an issue.
So, in summary: if Marco can engender in the lion-hearts some of the post AGM buzz that emanated around the club, we are all in for a celebratory upcoming weekend.

Lion Hearts 2 (Eton Dom and Schneids to score) Devil Spawn 0.

I can't see any way we don't concede or score a goal.

I'd take a 0-0 right now all day long.
No mate we have to beat them!! The longer it goes the harder it becomes we need to get rid of the fear factor. A lot of there games this season are won by teams feeling inferior to them. Granted they are a better team but let’s not respect that they are, hit them hard and early, if they beat us by that extra bit of quality then so be it because they have that, but they cannot and should not out fight us.

No mate we have to beat them!! The longer it goes the harder it becomes we need to get rid of the fear factor. A lot of there games this season are won by teams feeling inferior to them. Granted they are a better team but let’s not respect that they are, hit them hard and early, if they beat us by that extra bit of quality then so be it because they have that, but they cannot and should not out fight us.
not sure you can claim that if you look at recent history: we beat a very good Cardiff side, away, by 3 superlative goals, They beat a shocking Watford side, at home, by 5 (dubious) goals.
I would say, the two teams are very evenly matched. I'm very confident of a big win.

not sure you can claim that if you look at recent history: we beat a very good Cardiff side, away, by 3 superlative goals, They beat a shocking Watford side, at home, by 5 (dubious) goals.
I would say, the two teams are very evenly matched. I'm very confident of a big win.
Mate I hate them with every blood cell in my body, but there’s no denying they are a better side than we are... one thing they have right through the club which we don’t is belief!

Status
Not open for further replies.