Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go defensive and don’t let them score in the first 20.

This is defo a tactic worth employing. If they score early doors, it's just gonna end up with them countering as we look for an equaliser. But if we can frustrate them for the first 20, they'll start pushing a bit more which will hopefully give us the chance to counter them.

As always I'm gonna let me heart rule me head and say 2-0 to us with Sigurdsson and Lookman scoring

I must confess to feeling a little concerned about the quality of their delivery into the box. I do not think I am a lone voice in asserting that our defence can sometimes be suspect. I'm keeping my fingers crossed very tightly for Snail having an 'up' day...so often, his homesickness really does adversely affect him.

I hope Marco watched Bayern play them the other day. They kept their lb and rb In defends and they rarely went forward meaning salah and mane has less space.
Not sure we have enough to score goals in that system though

I just hope we don't sit off them and let them play, get straight into them from the first kick, win a header, tackle, get the crowd up. I don't want them to be passing the ball around at the back and us sitting waiting, looking scared. Charge at them from the kick off, let them know we are coming and are there

Here is something from them. Just make you hate them a little bit more each time. The arrogance

We have 10 games left all of which we will start as overwhelming favourites. 10 league games in 73 days, less than 1 per week. After the Blue [Poor language removed] we play 4 teams away in the bottom third of the table. Our home record is outstanding. If we can’t summons up the energy to play a high tempo game at 100% each game and blow teams away then we only have ourselves to blame if we fall short. But this is all hypothetical because we won’t fall short.

Here is something from them. Just make you hate them a little bit more each time. The arrogance

We have 10 games left all of which we will start as overwhelming favourites. 10 league games in 73 days, less than 1 per week. After the Blue [Poor language removed] we play 4 teams away in the bottom third of the table. Our home record is outstanding. If we can’t summons up the energy to play a high tempo game at 100% each game and blow teams away then we only have ourselves to blame if we fall short. But this is all hypothetical because we won’t fall short.

I actually think they’ll do it based on the remaining fixtures for both them and city.

That said, imagine a world where we win 1-0 in the last minute and Marco sprints onto the pitch to congratulate them, totally crushing them lot mentally. It would be spectacular.

I actually think they’ll do it based on the remaining fixtures for both them and city.

That said, imagine a world where we win 1-0 in the last minute and Marco sprints onto the pitch to congratulate them, totally crushing them lot mentally. It would be spectacular.
I've been dreaming of this since our awful defeat in December.

Status
Not open for further replies.