Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth noting that it'll be their 3rd game in 7 days compared to our 2nd.

Add Bayern and its 4 in 12 days.

We really should be beating them considering the pressure is all on them.

Can see a draw 1-1 both goals from set pieces.

Gana - Zouma???
Mate?

Are you putting Zooms in midfield there????

@davek has been quiet recently so just wumming to drive engagement across the forum.

In all seriousness though, Zouma has played there before - league cup final win for Chelsea vs Spurs.

Think it's a game they absolutely have to win, so two defensive midfielders to look to frustrate their excellent attack is needed. Davies off the ball isn't good enough and just confuses Gana's game and Schneiderlin?

It's obviously going to be Gomes though. Hoping he pulls of an Anfield type performance.

@davek has been quiet recently so just wumming to drive engagement across the forum.

In all seriousness though, Zouma has played there before - league cup final win for Chelsea vs Spurs.

Think it's a game they absolutely have to win, so two defensive midfielders to look to frustrate their excellent attack is needed. Davies off the ball isn't good enough and just confuses Gana's game and Schneiderlin?
You need to up your Wum game blud

I thought you were gonna say it at least stops him rushing out of defence like a madman.

I dunno, I think we need to stifle them, they have multiple threats, so its hard to know which 1 you focus on, the way they drive through midfield, their danger from the flanks with the fullbacks and of course Salah and Mane up top. We do need to stifle, we wont get anything by trying to play our own game IMO. Which is why I like that 3412, it gives us a solid back 5, bodies in the middle and a threat up top.

Our wing forwards have been prone to switch off when getting back at times, on the main they do the hard work, but we cant afford Bernie feeling a bit tired so not tracking Terence Trent.

Status
Not open for further replies.