Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair he did well at Liverpool until Hicks & Gillette turned up. He’s also done OK with Newcastle. Nothing magical, but has fared quite well. Especially when you consider he put his reputation on the line to compete in the Championship.

I guess we have different ideas of "fared quite well", hes already got them relegated once and currently has them 2 points above the relegation spots again.

He also hasnt been past the 5th round in any cup competition.

Knocked out by Watford and Forest this season, Forest and Chelsea last season and Hull City and Oxford United his first season.

I guess we have different ideas of "fared quite well", hes already got them relegated once and currently has them 2 points above the relegation spots again.

He also hasnt been past the 5th round in any cup competition.

Knocked out by Watford and Forest this season, Forest and Chelsea last season and Hull City and Oxford United his first season.
They were in a bad situation when he came in though. Regrouped well and won the Championship. Ashley doesn’t care about the cups (common theme), and he is achieving his goal of staying in the league. It is more up to Newcastle whether they will give him what he feels he needs to get them in a better position

They were in a bad situation when he came in though. Regrouped well and won the Championship. Ashley doesn’t care about the cups (common theme), and he is achieving his goal of staying in the league. It is more up to Newcastle whether they will give him what he feels he needs to get them in a better position

He paid 7m for Christian Atsu.

I aint having his ive had no money crap.

BUY CHEAP, PAY TWICE

Look at Martinez, Koeman and Silva.

To get the best we need to pay the best.

Those players can do better so need the right motivation.

BUY CHEAP, PAY TWICE

Look at Martinez, Koeman and Silva.

To get the best we need to pay the best.

Those players can do better so need the right motivation.
We need to offer more than just a good salary to attract the best. Such as a realistic chance of being a top 6 club and a squad that isn't full of spineless losers.

Are you serious?
You dont think if he had over £200m to spend that quality players wouldnt be interested in playing for him?
Whats your point?

All that tells me is that he needs money to be a success?

In 2019 I don't think anyone would be bothered about playing under him, maybe some RS fans growing up.

Football moves on quickly.

We need to offer more than just a good salary to attract the best. Such as a realistic chance of being a top 6 club and a squad that isn't full of spineless losers.

do we think a new manager can come in a give these 'spineless losers' a new back bone or are they lost causes completely??

Oh and we need a manager who makes people enjoy going to the game. A breath of fresh air, Moyes in his first few years, Martinez in his first season.

We have had 3 dour turds in charge one after the other.

These Arteta shouts are crazy.

The guy has no credentials whatsoever, if the job comes up he shouldn't come within miles of it.

Unsworth is more qualified than Arteta is.

There can never be guarantees, but Arteta would be the biggest risk ever taken for us, at a time when we would need to be as cautious as possible.

An absolute and utter no.

Status
Not open for further replies.