Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.

polish

Player Valuation: £35m
As maybe some of you know, I'm not biggest fan of Marco Silva, so I compiled a list of managers who are imo attainable by a club of our size and have better credentials than our current manager. I divided them by countries they're currently managing and there is a list of unemployed ones as well. There are lot of suggestions in other threads, so it would be better to keep it in one place.

PS I tried to keep it realistic so I didn't put the usual suspects like Mourinho, Blanc or Conte here as there's no way we could attract them. Moyes didn't make it as well ;)

Unemployed
Julen Lopetegui (last managed Real Madrid)
Peter Stoger (Borussia Dortmund)
Heiko Herrlich (Bayer Leverkusen)
Vincenzo Montella (Sevilla)
Gustavo Poyet (Bordeaux)
Phillip Cocu (Fenerbahce)

England
Eddie Howe (Bournemouth)
Rafael Benitez (Newcastle)
Marcelo Bielsa (Leeds)

France
Christophe Galtier (Lille)
Bruno Genesio (Lyon)
Thierry Laurey (Strasbourg) - impressive work with Strasbourg, he promoted them to Ligue 1 and they're sitting on 5th place with a League Cup final to follow.
Patrick Vieira (Nice)
Rudi Garcia (Marseille)

Spain
Jose Bordalas (Getafe)
Marcelino (Valencia)
Quique Setien (Betis)

Germany
Adi Hutter (Frankfurt)
Bruno Labbadia (Wolfsburg)

Italy
Gian Piero Gasperini (Atalanta)
Simone Inzaghi (Lazio)
Stefano Pioli (Fiorentina)

Other
Marco Rose (Red Bull Salzburg)
Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord)
Steve Clarke (Kilmarnock)
Sergio Conceicao (Porto)

Anyone promoting Benitez has no respect for the values of the club

What next? Will we get Fowler in to coach the youth, maybe Rush in to coach the reserves. Let's get Sammy Lee back as Rafas no.2 sure as well.

Give me strength.
Luis Enrique once was Real Madrid player. Bet Barcelona fans couldn't be arsed with a triple he brought them based on that fact.

And one of the best players who played for this club came from Liverpool by the way.

I'm not the fan of Benitez but I do understand people who would jump that ship.

Also....

Why do people keep mentioning Bielsa but not Farke. One of them is doing a far better job than the other. And it's not the king of espionage.....
Hardly proven and his first season at Norwich was far from convincing.

Hmm, not sure all the names on that list are attainable or have evidenced that they are likely to be any better than what we have.

Bielsa would be an interesting and a big ball appointment though. Very experienced, methodical and a strong winning mentality. I think we could do with a no-nonsense type of manager to shake things up.

Arteta is the one that excites. Probably out of nostalgia more than anything. But I would be excited and have some hope again. He would at least unify the club again. He would get the support on board. That will help in the long run. There's a very high ceiling. It's the sort of appointment which is a gamble but could be massive.

I'm happy to let anyone influenced by pep manage us though tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.