General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading Baxendale's speech: utter drivel from start to finish. Corporate hogwash like "long-term, holistic football strategy and principles".

And Moshiri with his BS: "I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit". No you haven't, on both counts. You utter charlatan.

"Winning the title" in "our new stadium".

FFS, what a toe curling bunch of hucksters we have on our hands here.
Not like you to sit on the fence, spit it out man!

Moshiri's full quotes re squad - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...d-moshiri-explains-evertons-problems-15648980

“Financing is not everything. I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” he said.

“You just have to get it right, throwing money is not the answer.”

“Just buying players in January may not help us,” Moshiri added.

“We have too many players coming in.

“It's getting the performance level and improving them.

“It's not just rhetoric, we are very serious about what we want to do. I am fan and I look at the the table and No11 is just not good enough, I think we know that.

“I think we've got to go up the table and I think we need to utilise the fans' impatience to drive the club but we need to be patient to allow the development.

“There will be no reaction that has not been thought out.”

“The difficulty we've experienced is we lost three of our best players: John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu,” he said.

“They were young and on low wages and for us to lose Stones, you get £45m but he was on low wages. To replace him with a defender of that quality you need to pay him £200,00 a week. We didn't do that.

“And in replacing these three players we had to spend a lot of money and pay high wages, that's the difficulty, like for like.

“We sold Romelu for £75m and he was on £70,000 a week, in that region, you would have to pay £120m and pay £250,000 a week, so that is the challenge.

“It is why football experts of Marcel's calibre are needed, infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages. You might have to pay big fees but you've got to keep the wages down and that is the challenge.

“I think we've learnt, we've had bad luck, we've had poor judgement but I feel the business we did in the summer shows that we are in the right direction, but it's been difficult.”

And this is why football is all about opinions.

Personally I’m with Neiler here but Dave, please don’t ever change mate lol

Agree fully with the bolded bit.
Personally I also agree with Neiler's opinion. The difference between the two is that Davek's opinion could have been accurately predicted by any regular forum visitor, even before the meeting had begun.

Just reading Baxendale's speech: utter drivel from start to finish. Corporate hogwash like "long-term, holistic football strategy and principles".

And Moshiri with his BS: "I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit". No you haven't, on both counts. You utter charlatan.

"Winning the title" in "our new stadium".

FFS, what a toe curling bunch of hucksters we have on our hands here.

Spew him off and get Blue Bill back in charge, that's what I say. Wouldn't have any of this AGM nonsense under him.

Moshiri's full quotes re squad - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...d-moshiri-explains-evertons-problems-15648980

“Financing is not everything. I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” he said.

“You just have to get it right, throwing money is not the answer.”

“Just buying players in January may not help us,” Moshiri added.

“We have too many players coming in.

“It's getting the performance level and improving them.

“It's not just rhetoric, we are very serious about what we want to do. I am fan and I look at the the table and No11 is just not good enough, I think we know that.

“I think we've got to go up the table and I think we need to utilise the fans' impatience to drive the club but we need to be patient to allow the development.

“There will be no reaction that has not been thought out.”

“The difficulty we've experienced is we lost three of our best players: John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu,” he said.

“They were young and on low wages and for us to lose Stones, you get £45m but he was on low wages. To replace him with a defender of that quality you need to pay him £200,00 a week. We didn't do that.

“And in replacing these three players we had to spend a lot of money and pay high wages, that's the difficulty, like for like.

“We sold Romelu for £75m and he was on £70,000 a week, in that region, you would have to pay £120m and pay £250,000 a week, so that is the challenge.

“It is why football experts of Marcel's calibre are needed, infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages. You might have to pay big fees but you've got to keep the wages down and that is the challenge.

“I think we've learnt, we've had bad luck, we've had poor judgement but I feel the business we did in the summer shows that we are in the right direction, but it's been difficult.”

One important aspect missed or lost in the headline grabbers is the stadium funding, he confirmed 350 million will be coming from borrowing and 150 from the club/privately.

Still firmly in the boat of actions speak louder than words. Firstly they need to translate everything they're saying, all these soundbites, into results on the pitch. Followed by that, actual progress on the stadium. The signs behind the scenes are good though, we just need the results on the pitch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.