General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
trmp1.gif
Do we have to call Frank, Franco now ???

Just reading Baxendale's speech: utter drivel from start to finish. Corporate hogwash like "long-term, holistic football strategy and principles".

And Moshiri with his BS: "I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit". No you haven't, on both counts. You utter charlatan.

"Winning the title" in "our new stadium".

FFS, what a toe curling bunch of hucksters we have on our hands here.

Yeah me as well.

I think it was the first that was an honest appraisal, acknowledgment of limits and a clear strategy of implementation.

Denise was superb I thought and the divisions in the club were well represented by designated board member. That is very very different structurally to what we are used to.

What I really like is Moshiri acknowledging, that artificial money isn’t the answer. We need to be cleverer not richer and I think that’s the take home.

We need to stop trying to be City and trying to be like Arsenal and Spurs.

That's a bit melodramatic even for you.:). Not to mention a complete exaggeration.

There are 2 reasons I disagree with your point of view. Firstly, with corporate identities in general, I find that many boards sit in their ivory towers too far removed from the day to day running of their own business's. Many really don't have a clue what is going on, and would be well advised to have a voice on the board who can tell them as it is.

Secondly, football clubs are not just normal corporations. The board and majority shareholders own and run the clubs as trustees for the fans, and should consider themselves privileged to do so. The most important aspect of the football club is and always will be the team itself, and in my opinion it would be ludicrous if you didn't have the most senior football man at the club on the board of directors.
I disagree with what you say...but I'll defend to my last breath* your right to say it

*..a wee bit melodramatic??

Just reading Baxendale's speech: utter drivel from start to finish. Corporate hogwash like "long-term, holistic football strategy and principles".

And Moshiri with his BS: "I have spent £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit". No you haven't, on both counts. You utter charlatan.

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

I think it was the first that was an honest appraisal, acknowledgment of limits and a clear strategy of implementation.

Denise was superb I thought and the divisions in the club were well represented by designated board member. That is very very different structurally to what we are used to.

What I really like is Moshiri acknowledging, that artificial money isn’t the answer. We need to be clever not richer and I think that’s the take home.

We need to stop trying to be City and trying to be like Arsenal and Spurs.
And this is why football is all about opinions.

Personally I’m with Neiler here but Dave, please don’t ever change mate lol

Thought the exact opposite to be honest mate. Was the best structured and most realistic outing under Moshiri.

Well, on the plus side, it was less excruciating than last year's meeting. But that's about it.

They all remain unconvincing.

Status
Not open for further replies.