General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davek. I have no doubt he is a shrewd operator but do you really think without him behind the wheel we could have done so much with transfers and the management structure/stadium? No chance! Bill had the will but not the means.

Transfers? Yes. We were having net spends for three seasons before he turned up...and that was withouyt the Lukaku/Stones windfall money and the extra £50M pa tv revenue.

Stadium? What's happened there that we didn;'t see under Kenwright?

Transfers? Yes. We were having net spends for three seasons before he turned up...and that was withouyt the Lukaku/Stones windfall money and the extra £50M pa tv revenue.

Stadium? What's happened there that we didn;'t see under Kenwright?
A fortune spent on planning, a delivery team employed, land secured and backed by a businessman who lives by reputation. I know it is frustrating waiting for results but the difference is clear.

A fortune spent on planning, a delivery team employed, land secured and backed by a businessman who lives by reputation. I know it is frustrating waiting for results but the difference is clear.
that's if you believe EVERYTHING you hear

I defo dont

that's if you believe EVERYTHING you hear

I defo dont
Moshiri has one intention...to make money. He can invest and get a massive profit or blag us and waste what he has spent. There is no conspiracy, he wants to develop and ultimately sell on a business. Bill Kenwright tried to do stuff with little money, so he ultimately failed with a stadium. Lots of people feel burned by that. I just think he gave it a go. When he found somebody to take it on he did as he always said he would.
I want to see us win the league again and expect to win every game but I think I understand enough to know that building a sustainable top club is not going to take twelve months. We have a paranoid fan base in many respects. Our issue is that we were in the elite group pre-premier league and it is a long road back, but back we will be

Moshiri has one intention...to make money. He can invest and get a massive profit or blag us and waste what he has spent. There is no conspiracy, he wants to develop and ultimately sell on a business. Bill Kenwright tried to do stuff with little money, so he ultimately failed with a stadium. Lots of people feel burned by that. I just think he gave it a go. When he found somebody to take it on he did as he always said he would.
I want to see us win the league again and expect to win every game but I think I understand enough to know that building a sustainable top club is not going to take twelve months. We have a paranoid fan base in many respects. Our issue is that we were in the elite group pre-premier league and it is a long road back, but back we will be

That’s how I feel, He’s in it to make a profit, but if that’s by progressing us as a club it’s a win win situation.

Unless he’s a mule for Usmanov then it’s a different story.

Amen to that.

Yes I agree with all of that. I Don't know if he's changed his mind, or whether there was just a lack of clarity in his message to begin with though.

I stand by most post before though, we were closer to what Spurs did 3 years ago, and particularly closer to what Spurs did under Martinez than what we were under Koeman.

One caveat to this, is Walsh has a number of younger players we tried to get, that seemed to not be finalised. Brooks, Bailey, Gray, Zizkee, Adembairo, Sessegnon (both of them), Isak, Haller, Hurst etc. None of them were finalised though, only Bowler, Calvert Lewin, Lookman, Adanarin, Markelo were. For the most part the younger players have been a big plus. I do wonder if the plan was to complete on most of the names above, not really waste money on proven PL players (Bolasie, Williams, Sigurdsson, Rooney) who for the most part have been a drain, but Koeman was too big an obstacle?

Had we completed on most of the young players identified I did a rough calculation that the value spent would be double to treble what the outlay was. For an investor like Moshiri very smart business. I do wonder how far Koeman was the stumbling block (as well as the weakness/inability to close deals of Walsh).
Dont Forget ferland mendy has the potential to be the best left back in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.