General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found this from last year's AGM

01/09/2018 13:32

RE: "We hope, in a year, to secure funding and planning, and to conclude designs, and then we're looking at three years to build on what is a complex site. If all goes to plan, we hope to be kicking-off at Bramley Moore-Dock in August 2022. Committed? Yes. Optimistic? Yes. But the enduring message is that there is still lots to do.”

But I guess we're all just being negative moaners for expecting the club to follow through with what they say.

Just found this from last year's AGM

01/09/2018 13:32

RE: "We hope, in a year, to secure funding and planning, and to conclude designs, and then we're looking at three years to build on what is a complex site. If all goes to plan, we hope to be kicking-off at Bramley Moore-Dock in August 2022. Committed? Yes. Optimistic? Yes. But the enduring message is that there is still lots to do.”

But I guess we're all just being negative moaners for expecting the club to follow through with what they say.

But we have funding????

He's confirmed nothing mate.

Until it is on paper it is all nothing but talk.

Agreed it’s a narrative, but a bit of clarity on the funding structure.

I think the club are being a bit naive to think that this will come in at 500mill.

I’ll call it now will be a fair bit above 500mill.

But we have funding????

We do?

I must have missed the announcement that we'd agreed financing.

Last I saw we were still "exploring our options"

19:11David Prentice
Harris: “The money will be available for us to do this”
We are having very advanced discussions now with financial institutions which are encouraging. The money will be available,” declares Keith Harris.

Will be implies in the future, as in not today right?

Moshiri's full quotes re squad - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...d-moshiri-explains-evertons-problems-15648980

“Financing is not everything. I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” he said.

“You just have to get it right, throwing money is not the answer.”

“Just buying players in January may not help us,” Moshiri added.

“We have too many players coming in.

“It's getting the performance level and improving them.

“It's not just rhetoric, we are very serious about what we want to do. I am fan and I look at the the table and No11 is just not good enough, I think we know that.

“I think we've got to go up the table and I think we need to utilise the fans' impatience to drive the club but we need to be patient to allow the development.

“There will be no reaction that has not been thought out.”

“The difficulty we've experienced is we lost three of our best players: John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu,” he said.

“They were young and on low wages and for us to lose Stones, you get £45m but he was on low wages. To replace him with a defender of that quality you need to pay him £200,00 a week. We didn't do that.

“And in replacing these three players we had to spend a lot of money and pay high wages, that's the difficulty, like for like.

“We sold Romelu for £75m and he was on £70,000 a week, in that region, you would have to pay £120m and pay £250,000 a week, so that is the challenge.

“It is why football experts of Marcel's calibre are needed, infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages. You might have to pay big fees but you've got to keep the wages down and that is the challenge.

“I think we've learnt, we've had bad luck, we've had poor judgement but I feel the business we did in the summer shows that we are in the right direction, but it's been difficult.”

I'm starting to like Moshiri. We've made mistakes but hopefully are starting to learn lessons now. He learnt the hard way to be fair. It's his money that got pissed away.

We do still need a centre forward as soon as possible.

Thought the exact opposite to be honest mate. Was the best structured and most realistic outing under Moshiri.
These people deal in presentation. Just about their only talent is bamboozling successive generations of Evertonians since the 1980s that they know what they're doing. They dont.

Moshiri in his speech there - what did he say precisley that impressed you? His claim that he's turned Everton from a museum into a competitive club? His continued talk about the structure of funding for a new stadium?

The feller's a con-man. I can smell it a mile off.

giphy.gif

We do?

I must have missed the announcement that we'd agreed financing.

Last I saw we were still "exploring our options"

19:11David Prentice
Harris: “The money will be available for us to do this”
We are having very advanced discussions now with financial institutions which are encouraging. The money will be available,” declares Keith Harris.

Will be implies in the future, as in not today right?

12months ago we said we were looking, today we said its sorted.

In Mosh We Trust.

Not once has he lied!!!

12months ago we said we were looking, today we said its sorted.

In Mosh We Trust.

Not once has he lied!!!
Today we said we're in advanced discussions and that it will be sorted mate.

A year ago we said we hoped it would be in place, along with the planning permissions and the design and none of it is ready. A sterling job the board have done this year moving the project along clearly.

Moshiri's full quotes re squad - https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...d-moshiri-explains-evertons-problems-15648980

“Financing is not everything. I have thrown £250m to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” he said.

“You just have to get it right, throwing money is not the answer.”

“Just buying players in January may not help us,” Moshiri added.

“We have too many players coming in.

“It's getting the performance level and improving them.

“It's not just rhetoric, we are very serious about what we want to do. I am fan and I look at the the table and No11 is just not good enough, I think we know that.

“I think we've got to go up the table and I think we need to utilise the fans' impatience to drive the club but we need to be patient to allow the development.

“There will be no reaction that has not been thought out.”

“The difficulty we've experienced is we lost three of our best players: John Stones, Ross Barkley and Romelu,” he said.

“They were young and on low wages and for us to lose Stones, you get £45m but he was on low wages. To replace him with a defender of that quality you need to pay him £200,00 a week. We didn't do that.

“And in replacing these three players we had to spend a lot of money and pay high wages, that's the difficulty, like for like.

“We sold Romelu for £75m and he was on £70,000 a week, in that region, you would have to pay £120m and pay £250,000 a week, so that is the challenge.

“It is why football experts of Marcel's calibre are needed, infrastructure is important and to comply with financial fair play you need to go for younger players on low wages. You might have to pay big fees but you've got to keep the wages down and that is the challenge.

“I think we've learnt, we've had bad luck, we've had poor judgement but I feel the business we did in the summer shows that we are in the right direction, but it's been difficult.”
Reading that you;d think he wasn't the utter bellend who employed Koemageddon to make matters ten-times worse.

"We dont want to be number 11".

Lol. WTF.

The feller's a muppet.

Which one of the financial institutions that Keith Harris says we're in discussions with have we secured funding with Mout?

They are obviously trying to borrow the funds from commercial third parties.

But Moshiri will stump up the money himself if he can't find it elsewhere. I don't think he stadium happenning is the question. It's whether the stadium we get will be worthy of replacing Goodison. I'm worried it won't be up to scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.