General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spew him off and get Blue Bill back in charge, that's what I say. Wouldn't have any of this AGM nonsense under him.

At least we all recognised and acknowledged Kenwright was a phony...this feller still has admirers. Imagine being taken in by that flim-flam man.

Do you not think it is a negative that we still don't have any financing in place for our stadium?
That is the total opposite of what was was said and you can’t base sensible critique on an erroneous starting point.
It would appear that you require Moshiri to appear on stage brandishing a briefcase containing £500m in used to convince you of their intent.
Unfortunately this was a rather sober AGM and not an episode of The Sopranos.

We do?
I must have missed the announcement that we'd agreed financing.
Last I saw we were still "exploring our options"
Harris: “The money will be available for us to do this”
We are having very advanced discussions now with financial institutions which are encouraging. The money will be available,” declares Keith Harris.
Will be implies in the future, as in not today right?
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

More jam tomorrow.

They are obviously trying to borrow the funds from commercial third parties.

But Moshiri will stump up the money himself if he can't find it elsewhere. I don't think he stadium happenning is the question. It's whether the stadium we get will be worthy of replacing Goodison. I'm worried it won't be up to scratch.
He's not paying for the entire thing out of pocket. No chance.

Harris has muddied the waters with this quote here as well.

Harris talked with confidence about the finding the money needed for the £500m project and says "advanced discussions" are on-going.

"We have also held extensive discussions with the council. Again, they are very encouraging."

Talks with the council about financing or the planning?

Still more questions than answers regarding where the money is coming from.

Was Brexit mentioned and a potential economic downturn tonight.

Will financial entities be willing to give out huge loans for a stadium if the economy has tanked.

Also will councils not be hit hard in turn from government cuts if the economic situation is perilous, making a very sizeable loan from the city very difficult,UK saw massive cuts and councils struggling in the aftermath of the credit crunch..

Was Brexit mentioned and a potential economic downturn tonight.

Will financial entities be willing to give out huge loans for a stadium if the economy has tanked.

Those massive financial entities holding their funds in dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.