Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played some great stuff but need to be far more clinical in our finishing

Defence is still a very big concern.

There are very encouraging signs and plenty for Marco to work with.

Well its called Match of the day, not match of the yesteryear, would be a bit mad if they randomly started showing clips of Dixie Dean like.

Baffles me everybody's perception of the media, like they should kiss our arse cos we won a few trinkets ages ago.

If you want everybody to sit up and take notice, you simply have to be relevant.
Agreed. The reaction from some fans about how the BBC don't bow down to Everton as we won the league yonks ago is embarrassing.

Pundits call the game as they see it. Everton HAVE been an also-ran for about a quarter of a century. When we do well, they always mention our history and us wanting to return to the top table.

I sit in the PE so had no view of the supposed offside for Walcott’s second, I was hoping MOTD would clear it up, but they didn’t even show it during the game highlights ffs, so didn’t analyse it, but did show it when talking about our attacking prowess but without examining if it was correct or not. It looked perfectly OK to me, and I don’t get what it was even supposedly given for, as if it was given for Tosun he must have taken an age raising his flag.

Phil saying we’d signed Malcom ffs lol

I sit in the PE so had no view of the supposed offside for Walcott’s second, I was hoping MOTD would clear it up, but they didn’t even show it during the game highlights ffs, so didn’t analyse it, but did show it when talking about our attacking prowess but without examining if it was correct or not. It looked perfectly OK to me, and I don’t get what it was even supposedly given for, as if it was given for Tosun he must have taken an age raising his flag.

Phil saying we’d signed Malcom ffs lol

Sky showed it but their angle wasn't from right in line so hard to be sure either way. It was extremely close.

The flag actually went up earlier than I'd realised watching it live but it's just that no one seemed to notice.

I couldn't care less what pundits say, if the day ever comes when I set any store in what the likes of Chris Sutton or Danny Murphy have to say then that will be the day I know it is time to shuffle off this mortal coil, I will have lost the plot entirely.
In the grand scheme of things they are football's equivalent to pit lane girl's, they serve no real purpose and are offensive to right thinking people.

Bit worried about this zonal marking. Once teams cotton on we are using it they will get 2 or 3 players to hit 1 area of the box and we will be completely out gunned.

This could have easily been 4 or 5 scored, Maybe Walcott scores that another day maybe Keane heads in from that Gyli cross it's just one of them but the improvements have happened, We are just a Arteta type player from being a top team.

Thinking positively about the second half, think Marco will have learnt something to take into the Bournemouth game.

Plenty of positives from the first half however we didn’t convert quality chances created - The second half proved more difficult but we still went forward with guts and determination. Just feel the team on the whole could have kept possession better at times.

Southampton were close to gaining an equaliser, but for a bit of luck. Definitely need to make improvements in not letting opposing teams back into the game as we did.

Virtually the same players as last year and a huge improvement, add in the new signings over time and we might just have a team we can all be proud of.

The transformation is enormous.I remember when Moyes came in and the same group of players looked a different team under him, the same feeling remaisn with Marco.

We have lots of players to add to the team too. Bernard, Mina, Zouma & Gomes are all international players.

There are definitive problems still, we remain a bit shaky at the back and need to work at set plays (we shouldn't conceede as easily as we have a big team). However it was great to see a side play with such attacking intent. We were 1 additional goal away from a rout yesterday for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.