Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes wasn’t happy when he got on the saints bus at the end

0FC66D1D-3BB5-4606-ABFA-582323566EB0.jpeg

Tell them that their EC wins are irrelevant due to the 1985 Heysel...

English clubs were banned so the competition is not a true history of the sport..@MarcelsGoat

We were good at times, but patchy and should've scored more. Southampton missed a few very good chances, too, and a
better side wouldn't have. That was close to being the same team that was lucky to draw in this fixture in May, so, we're making progress.

Just watching the full replay. Is it just me that thinks defensively we are still poor? Need out new guys in there at the back, and hope for some better training. That goal was ridiculous.

Just watching the full replay. Is it just me that thinks defensively we are still poor? Need out new guys in there at the back, and hope for some better training. That goal was ridiculous.
We were a bit leaky but really only the goal and the one Pickford dropped were major chances so Pickford holds on and we are talking one really serious breakdown which isn't the end of the world

We were a bit leaky but really only the goal and the one Pickford dropped were major chances so Pickford holds on and we are talking one really serious breakdown which isn't the end of the world
Mate, I saw it as every time they got a high cross into the box from a free kick or corner, we looked vulnerable.
As much as Holgate has a future, he’s a liability in the air at present. Keane is just Keane.
Zouma needs a go asap for me.
That zonal marking? Oh my.

If you give Man City the chances that we had or Southhampton had today, we both get embarrassed badly. Still happy about the 3 points though .

Mate, I saw it as every time they got a high cross into the box from a free kick or corner, we looked vulnerable.
As much as Holgate has a future, he’s a liability in the air at present. Keane is just Keane.
Zouma needs a go asap for me.
That zonal marking? Oh my.
I agree I don't like the way we are defending and would start getting the new boys involved but at the same time I'm not scared of giving up 4 or 5 goals in a game. People like to blame zonal marking but the goal came from Davies losing a header which he could have done man marking as well. The zonal system is only a problem when it isn't done right

Status
Not open for further replies.