Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

But we are mainly constrained due to our wage bill, would you agree? And that is mainly down to ending the season with 39 players.

Getting that figure down will help loads.
Of course. We don’t have unlimited resources. I think we’ve got plenty of payroll if we spend intelligently to compete.

Wow, I've never done this before but you are the first person i have stuck on ignore ever.

Your stupidity has forced this.

c'mon mate he has a point. Lovren was great at Southampton, and looked pretty good in the world cup. Klopp does expose his defence.

Talking of Chelsea youngsters who have stalled I would try Tammy Abraham. Yes he flopped at Swansea but they were the least creative team in the league , he has all the attributes and talent to be a great striker.
DCL is miles better than Abraham.
And my point is can you see Abraham in that same role with Everton producing as much if not more? I sure can.
All I know is last season both Everton and Swansea were both dreadful - you could argue Swansea even played better football than us - so from that alone I see one winner.

Abraham looks like he has the lot...and it appeared so for Bristol

But didnt seem to do well last season...if at chelsea starting he may look vastly different.

Watched the game yesterday and saw Connolly for the first time in central midfield role (saw him previously at left back for under 23s and he was very capable if unspectacular). What a revelation. He can tackle, has pace, is outstanding in the air , but 2 things stood out - firstly his reading of play so that he was always in right position to help a player in possession shows he has a natural football intelligence, but secondly he's right footed but so comfortable with his left as well (what an asset to have as a central midfielder when you have to receive and see passes from both sides). I know opposition were terrible so can't wait to see him against better players. But having been so disappointed by Schneiderlin I'd look to move him on ASAP knowing we've got Connolly, Williams, Baningime and Davies.

Connolly looks like a 6 or 7 consistent out of 10 player every game...any position.

Baningime looks quality to me...

Davies needs guidance...

Williams i havent seen

Status
Not open for further replies.